Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am thinking about selling my GTV6.
1983 Alfa Romeo GTV6 – Red color, 114,000 miles. All original in this car, except for a couple of things, 1) I had the interior redone (all leather front seats, rear seats, door panels, rear side panels, hand brake boot and stick boot) with Caramelo color leather. The Alfa Romeo emblem is embroidered on the two front seatbacks, and 2) the steering wheel is also a custom lacquered piece. I have all the paper work, in a folder, for everything ever done on this car. I also have a letter from the Alfa Romeo factory stating that this car was made on a Wednesday and it also states a few other facts about it (apparently a car made in Italy, either at the beginning, or at the end of a work week, is more likely to be put together more carelessly than a car made in the middle of the week. Since I work in Brasil the greater part of the year, I put the car on a non-operation DMV status. I start the car every time I am in town, but I have not started the car in a long time lately. New battery, very few miles on a new cam belt, new floor mats with the AR logo in red, and I have a brand new dashboard cover (not installed). This car has a sunroof (no, it does not leak!). This car has always been parked in an underground parking spot. The second gear synchronizer is not good. U$S 6,500. This car is located in Los Angeles, CA.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Where are you located? or better yet, where's the car?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, Greg. The car is the Los Angeles area (I don't know how that got edited out of the original message! Thanks for letting me know!)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello, Im very interested and would like to see some pictures if you have them handy. The problem is, I'm on the east coast. How comfortable are you with long distance? Sounds like you are out of the country fairly often. You said the belt has been changed recently, any other maintenance items that it might need relatively soon? Thanks!
Chris

·
Registered
75 Posts
1983 GTV6 - Mid Atlantic

Hello, Im very interested and would like to see some pictures if you have them handy. The problem is, I'm on the east coast. How comfortable are you with long distance? Sounds like you are out of the country fairly often. You said the belt has been changed recently, any other maintenance items that it might need relatively soon? Thanks!
Chris
I'm getting ready to sell my GTV6 which I've owned for 16 years. I'm in the Washington, DC market. Let me know if you are interested. I'm asking $8,500.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm getting ready to sell my GTV6 which I've owned for 16 years. I'm in the Washington, DC market. Let me know if you are interested. I'm asking $8,500.
Still considering all my options, so very interested in hearing more and seeing some pictures. Feel free to private message me when you get a chance, that way we can get off Edison's ad.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am not longer thinking about selling my GTV6, I need to sell it before I start traveling again for work.
I am dropping the price to 4,000 dollars. I need to leave LA in about two weeks to do a project in Curitiba, Brasil, and I would like to get this taken care of before then.
1983 Alfa Romeo GTV6 – Red color, 114,000 miles. All original in this car, except for a couple of things, 1) I had the interior redone (all leather front seats, rear seats, door panels, rear side panels, hand brake boot and stick boot) with Caramelo color leather. The Alfa Romeo emblem is embroidered on the two front seatbacks, and 2) the steering wheel is also a custom lacquered piece. I have all the paper work, in a folder, for everything ever done on this car. I also have a letter from the Alfa Romeo factory stating that this car was made on a Wednesday and it also states a few other facts about it (apparently a car made in Italy, either at the beginning, or at the end of a work week, is more likely to be put together more carelessly than a car made in the middle of the week. Since I work in Brasil the greater part of the year, I put the car on a non-operation DMV status. I start the car every time I am in town, but I have not started the car in a long time lately. New battery, very few miles on a new cam belt, new floor mats with the AR logo in red, and I have a brand new dashboard cover (not installed). This car has a sunroof (no, it does not leak!). This car has always been parked in an underground parking spot. The second gear synchronizer is not good. I was trying to sell it for U$S 6,500, I have now dropped to $4,000. This car is located in Los Angeles, CA. (I tried to upload more pics but I think there is a limit, so if you'd like to see more pics, please provide an email! Thanks!)

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello, I am back in the States for a while. I still want to sell my 1983 AR GTV6. Please let me know if you want to see more pics. Thank you! (Edison Valente (310) 678 2737 - Los Angeles, CA)

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Good to have "The World Travler" back

Hello Edison,
Hope your travels went well.
I may be going to El Cajon mid month driving through L A. If I have the time, may I stop & see your GTV?
I'll update you as to the exact date when we'll be driving "thru".
Thx, cheers,
Greg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just an FYI for anyone that might be interested in GTV6 there is one on my local craigslist (california). The link is (it won't let me post links so sorry I formatted to get around it)

visalia.craigslist.org/cto/5968274379.html

Not my car, just thought alfa enthusiasts on this thread might be interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
820 Posts
Garrett,
Your sharing is much appreciated, but may I recommend you start your post as a separate and new thread?

The GTV6 in this thread appears sold and is no relation to the CL ad you're sharing.

Best,
- Art

1 - 18 of 18 Posts