Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1983 Alfa Romeo GTV6, Manual, 2 Door Coupe,Silver Exterior with Blue Interior. 88,000km, No Accidents.Very Clean. Car is located in Vancouver British Columbia Canada.Buyer is responsible for pick up.Asking $6,000 Firm
If interested please call me at (604)728-2923. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got a 1983 Alpha Romeo GTV6 and the person that sold it to me stated that it requires a new clutch.When I drive it has power and then when you are driving it feels like you are going into neutral with car going no where and car is reving. Then it picks up again with power and moves with power in gear.Then again when you are in first gear, 2nd or third, it feels at times power , then looks like in neutral with engine running, then kicks back into gear when gear shift is in either 1st, 2nd or third gear. Anyone knows what this could be?
Can you tell us about all the work you have put into it since buying it back in August? I assume you got the transmission/clutch fixed. What exactly was the problem with that? I also looks like you got the rust spot in the left front fender fixed, as the hood bulge is now grey like the rest of the car and it use to be black. Did you do any other repairs/upgrades?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry,

I bought the car for an investment and was going to keep it.But recently I bought my other dream car a 1977 Pontiac Trans Am with a Big Block Motor with a 4 speed Hurst Shifter. I was going to fix the clutch and do the paint work on the tiny rust spot and the hood scoupe this spring. My wife advised me that I can not keep two toys, So I am regretting to sell my Alfa.I am selling it for the same price I got it for.I know that later in life I might regret it. As I am Italian and always wanted an Italian Car.But you got sometimes to bite the bullet and stick with one toy and I have decided with the Pontiac with Big Block Motor as this is very rare as well.I brought the Alfa to the repair shop on a flat deck trailer and the guy told me it was in need of a new clutch and every other mechanical aspects of vehicle are awesome.Maybe in future i will tell my wife she can not have two diamond rings as she can have only one toy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts