Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have the skill or appetite to try to restore it....again! Anyone interested in it? Here's some highlights:
  • New Aspen 185/75R14 88S 20 miles on them
  • Rebuilt front and back brake calipers (and pads) and hoses
  • new radiator
  • recently calibrated speedo and tach (dual pod)
  • well kept engine with new head gasket 87k miles
  • new slave clutch cylinder
  • newly painted Parrish hardtop (needs seals; rear window oxidized)
EVERYTHING working except the clock. All trim, lights, mirrors, door handles, B-pillar chrome caps, window mechanisms, convertible boot cover... all in great condition. Even have newly chromed rear deck plates arriving next week.

I'll throw in the beautiful black rubber bumpers...well, the front one is still decent.
Located in the center of North Carolina.

PM me if interested. I'll be deciding very soon (3-4 days) whether to sell it, part it or let it go to insurance.

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For sale are some left overs: Parrish hard top, vent window latches, lower oil pan gasket, differential case gasket, workshop manual, idler arm shaft and bearings, 1 rear axle bumper, rear deck plate (newly chromed) with gaskets, front license plate hangers, fuel injectors, Injector o-ring (the hard to find ones), 1 coil spring rubber spacer, intake manifold gasket, rear brake caliper seal kit, Convertible top boot.

·
Registered
1978 Spider
343 Posts
you really need better pics of the damage...someone might wanna save it. hard to tell from that one picture the extent of damage to the unibody and if it's reasonably salvagable

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After much agonizing over it, Ive given her over to insurance.
Unfortunately another Spider will meet its demise. The unibody broke under the floor pans near the seats.
But i do have some parts left over if anyone is interested.
List above in the thread.

·
Registered
1978 Spider
343 Posts
well lets hope it gets auctioned off to a dismantler that knows the scarcity of these cars/parts...most likely some local crushing yard will get it.

what was the offer to keep it?

·
Registered
355 Posts
May her parts go to help keep others on the road!! How about you list prices for items? I'm interested in vent window latches. Thanks Paul

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well lets hope it gets auctioned off to a dismantler that knows the scarcity of these cars/parts...most likely some local crushing yard will get it.

what was the offer to keep it?
$1700 to keep. I could have parted it out, as it had great parts...but i dont have the time aNd space for that.
May her parts go to help keep others on the road!! How about you list prices for items? I'm interested in vent window latches. Thanks Paul
how about $50 for the pair?

·
Registered
355 Posts
how about $50 for the pair?
[/QUOTE]

Hi Coopp, Thanks for the quick reply. After my post I went and rooted about my parts hoard and miracle of miracles I found mine!!! Now if I could just find the Kugerrans I put up!! LOL Thanks for your reply...Good Luck Paul

1 - 11 of 11 Posts