Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've got the ****s on, I've just had the rear hatch repainted and removed the rear hatch barrel lock to have it painted properly I've worked out how the barrel and lock go together but how do you get that stupid rubber seal back on ,its to tight to get through the opening on the hatch and back onto the barrel someone out there who's smarter than me and has done it before please let me know the secret thanks for any help.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can someone please post a close up picture of the lock on a Alfetta gtv hatch, thanks

·
Registered
961 Posts
I'm pretty sure the rubber seal doesn't go thru the hole in the hatch. It goes on the lock cylinder, as shown in your pic. And the lock assembly inserts into that hole from the backside. So the seal is not seen from the outside. Hope that clears things up a bit.

Peter

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Peter, i couldn't work out if any of the seal came through onto the outside of the trunk, serves me right for not taking a photo before I removed it, thanks for your reply, cheers.

·
Push hard and live
9,326 Posts
I need a new Alfetta rear hatch lock, either the barrel or whole assembly. OKP lists one for a 116 Giulietta, but does not note it fitting an Alfetta GT.

interchange wisdom or a spare lock?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know the price on eBay is horrendous, I've managed to get mine working ok ish, the part in the barrel that pushes the lock down should never have been plastic, but it is what it is , keeping costs down .

·
Push hard and live
9,326 Posts
Is there a lock on ebay? I can’t find it.

any comment on OKP “116 Giulietta” lock?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts