Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can someone please advise on the size of the fuel line that attaches to the fuel tank, is it the same size the length of the car and the same as what attaches to the fuel pump, just finished redoing the rear suspension and noticed the fuel line is looking a bit sad, plus a bit of a petrol smell near the connection itself, thanks for your help, cheers

·
Registered
16 Posts
I replaced this on my GTV6, it was looking pretty sad and I'm pretty sure it starved/killed my new-ish fuel pump.

Was 13mm ID hosing. I got mine from centerline alfa.

Whatever you get make sure it can withstand a vacuum, nylon braided hoses seem to do the trick.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, I'm going the braided style, did you stick with running the line the same way as it was or did you route it differently ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I routed it very similarly (I utilized the welded on tabs)... minus the kinks. If I recall the original fuel line seemed too short, so it wouldn't bend nicely around certain corners. I used a little extra length to ensure the radii weren't as tight.

You'll find the braided hose is a big upgrade, and won't have to worry about kinking nearly as much as the nylon tubing that was originally installed (on my car, at least).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts