Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1982 Alfa GTV6, California car, second owner. 2.5 heads ported and polished, with S cams, lowered to European ride height specs, koni gas shocks, custom seats, re-painted silver, 10 years ago or so. This is a perfect example of what these cars should have been from the factory. Engine power is far far better than stock and with the Autostrada final drive at 3:90, it will pull 95 in third gear and run easily at 110- 120 all day. The later 4:10 cars are huffing at 90, pulling 4K. This is a great freeway car, a wonderful trip car, a superb road burner and a lot of fun in town. Tires are Bridgestone 85%. Handling is excellent.

Condition is daily driver, usual nicks and scrapes. two small bubbles which is normal even for CA. cars. Seats are clamshell design from a Mitsubishi Starion, and are far, far better than stock, which actually are somewhat dangerous. Blue sheepskins, blue dash cover. Dash is cracked.

Own an example of this car you can get in and thrash, without spending the 4K it takes to get them right. Paint is still quite good, wheels are perfect, never hit or pranged. Photo set up request. Car is in SF Bay area, close to Oakland. Car will smog in CA. runs excellent. No mechanical issues. Always maintained, especially driveline. [email protected] $4500.00

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Can you list all the suspension work/upgrades? Also, how many miles are on the engine rebuild and the supsension work?

Thanks!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its in the copy. Lowered, koni gas. No idea of miles. Runs great. Goes like hell, handles beautifully. Forget 3K offers. Car is coming off the market tomorrow when I have time.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I wasn't offering... I read that it was lowered, just wondering if you used stiffer torsion bars and springs. Also, if you went with poly bushings and replaced ball joints. Can you post pictures of bubbles?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just re adjusted the torsion bars.Springs are fine. Its fast and handles great. Hard to believe what people can buy for a lousy 3k. I'll probably part it and crush it when I'm done.Been a great horse for 22 years hate to see them all go. But non one gives a **** about them. I can buy a Cobalt with 100 K miles for the same money. Itll stay here till I get 5K or go to Hawaii. I had one there, had two, Great car for Hawaii too. Driveline perfect. The rats take a lot to get right. Not worth it . Look at 968s.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts