Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Looking for the assembly that goes between the water pump and the thermostat. See attached for parts in question. Vancouver Island, BC, so would prefer Canadian but I understand beggars can’t be choosers.

Thank you in advance!

· Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Why not just heat the heck out of the one you have, drill out the broken bolts carefully, preferably with left hand drill bits and the put helicoils in there? Which will be better in the long term.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@vintagemilano believe me, there’s been plenty of heat involved! I’ll be able to do that in the piece in the first picture. I’m not sure how well it’s captured in the second picture but there’s a broken bolt extractor and drill bit in two of the three holes. Just seeing my options! I’ve mentioned it to a few machine shops as a last resort, and they wouldn’t touch it unless I had a possibility to get a new one in case of anything. Helicoils would be my plan for a long-term solution though, the M7’s are not an easy find or cheap find.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.