Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have this Alfa Romeo luggage set that came with my dad's Giulietta back in 1981.

It's still in excellent condition considering it's 40 years old, as it was hardly ever used and mostly in storage all these years.

I was wondering if someone might know more about it and what it's worth today?

Have a look, any info would be appreciated!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,206 Posts
I've never seen Alfa luggage like that. Because of its uniqueness, I sure couldn't guess at a fair selling price. I'd guess that it is more valuable as a collection of matching pieces (in other words, don't break up the set).

An auction would be the best way to discover its value, though of course, then you'd be committed to selling it. As zinhead suggested, BaT would be a great auction site. Failing at that, even ebay would probably work well.

·
Push hard and live
11,499 Posts
Assume you are somewhere in Europe? That could be a factor in marketability, and the cost of shipping.

·
Registered
523 Posts
They look like they are made of vinyl, not leather. Any 'Alfa Romeo' embossing in the lining etc? What do the insides look like?

Looks 'local', in the sense of production (luggage set with a badge attached).

Just keep them with the car as a nice piece of 'originality'.

Cheers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They look like they are made of vinyl, not leather. Any 'Alfa Romeo' embossing in the lining etc? What do the insides look like?

Looks 'local', in the sense of production (luggage set with a badge attached).

Just keep them with the car as a nice piece of 'originality'.

Cheers.
I do think it's vinyl and not leather, though I'll double check later today.

I'll take some picture of the insides of the cases and post them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fascinating....

Could these have been a retirement present for an Alfa Romeo executive? I might try contacting the archivist at Museo Storico Alfa Romeo
I don't believe so.

According to my father he bought the luggage as an extra with his Giulietta in 1980 and it was about 1\10th of the price of the car itself.

Apparently the boot/trunk was rather small so the fitted luggage set was perfect for making use of the limited space.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts