Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there my father has recently acquired an Alfa and doesn't know much about it this is what we do know:
vin: ar116150005601
its an 1979
its a 4cyl
touring sport
"aprent veloce" is written on the side that could be spelled wrong
and something about
miclia 1000
limited edition?
anyone know anything about this car?
i dont know if i should even ask but how hard will it be to get parts?
and does anyone know a range of what the value could be once running?

i will post pictures up when i get them
we havnt even seen the car yet but know that it was owned by a man who thought a gasket went out so he tore the engine apart in 1980, he found nothing wrong so attempted to put it back together and it has been sitting in a storage unit since.
thank you for your time!

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
Welcome to the BB!!
Sounds like you have a 1979 Alfetta Sprint Veloce, Mille Miglia (aka: 1000 Miglia, meaning 1000 miles - which was an very famous old race through the streets of Italy). Limited Edition - yes, do a search on this site, you may be able to find production numbers, and quite a bit of information on this model.
Parts are not difficult, but you need to know where to look. (this board, International Auto Parts, Alfa Parts Exchange, Centerline, etc.). It was "special edition" in badging and rear spoiler/fog lights/wheels combo (IIRC) only - so mechanically it's identical to other Sprint Veloce's (or Alfetta GT's as the earlier cars were called - though those have some slight differences in things like Giubos (driveline donuts) and such.
Depending on condition, value could range anywhere from $1000 - up to maybe $6K if it's perfect. I dunno - that's a wild guess.

Look forward to seeing some pics of it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you so much your the 3rd person who has told me about the "Mille Miglia 1000" so it must be correct! im very excited also to see this car it should be delivered next week so i will defiantly post up pictures of what ive got. i know it will be alot easier to identify he car then. thanks again -k

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Yup, what Jeff said!:D

Sounds like an Alfetta GT, I think the value Jeff posted would be for a car in good to excellent condition. Non running or rusted Alfetta's are sometimes given away.........

Post some pics when you get a chance.

Put it back together and drive it, they are fun, reliable and unique.:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,078 Posts
I think the value Jeff posted would be for a car in good to excellent condition. Non running or rusted Alfetta's are sometimes given away.........
SShhhhhhh!! I'm trying to prime the market!:eek::p;)

·
Registered
`61 Giulietta Spider, `65 Giulia Ti 1750, `69 GT junior 1600, `73 Spider 2000, `74 GTV 2000, `98 156
1,938 Posts
Yeah-keep hyping the market up Jeff. Kimber they are in my view undervalued at the moment (although you guys in the States had crap versions & variants to colour your thinking) They`re never going to be as highly valued as the earlier 105 series so maybe support for items specific to them-mainly non consumables like trim & body components are not that easy to get but are well supported otherwise. Don`t forget not only your local US suppliers but the excellent UK suppliers of parts.
They are a very cheap quality, interesting performance car with a fantastic pedigree and once set up correctly are very reliable and even better in this age of rising fuel costs pretty easy on the pocket fuel wise compared to others of that time.
Don`t you just love that shape-thats what got me.

Richard J

`65 Giulia Ti, `69 GT Junior, `74 GTV 2000, `76 Alfetta GTV, `77 Alfetta GTV, `84 GTV6

Richard J

1 - 7 of 7 Posts