Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1979 Alfetta Sprint Veloce (1000 MIGLIA LIMITED EDITION) FOR SALE

Car was purchased in the mid 80's by my step-dad. He only drove it occasionally (not in winter), and parked it because it needed an exhaust. I found him an exhaust (and purchased it), but the exhaust never got put on. The car has been sitting in the garage ever since (20+ years), and step-dad has since passed away.

Car was running/driving when parked, and in A-1 shape. Car is a BLACK 2 door w/ hatchback, and rear wiper. It has a factory sunroof, rear spoiler, and factory Ronal A1 14" mags. Car is "burried" in the garage, and difficulty to get pics of (I have a few really bad ones). Car IS the "1000 Miglia Limited Edition", and still has the plaque on the passenger side dash.

Not looking for BIG money out of the car; just looking to help my mom, and get it out of the garage (needs a good home).

You can reach me at: C-216-382-8965 (2-11pm eastern)
Thanks, Joe

ps. Sorry I don't know much about these cars, but will do my best to answer questions.

·
Registered
476 Posts
What is the rust situation on the car?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Car is extremely solid, with no "real" rust issues (no holes or anything close). There are several "scabs" on the car, from where paint chips/flakes were on the car, and then it sat for the last 20+ years; these are just surface rust, and NOT serious and/or though the metal (very normal on an older unrestored car).

2 people have looked at the car in the past few years (including a fellow club member TODAY), and both commented on how clean/solid the body was.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The disclored spot on the bottom of the last pic is NOT rust; it was from the flash, and/or dirt and dust on the fender.

·
Premium Member
1984 GTV6, 1973 Berlina, 1987 Milano
1,843 Posts
Location would definitely help. And since you're going to have to dig it out anyway, might as well dig it out now, take a few good photos, and you'll get more for it.

Definitely spend a few minutes to clean it up a bit then repost photos.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
The car is in South Euclid, a suburb of Cleveland. It happened to be on my way home from work so I stopped off to see it this evening. It has been in the family garage for quite some time. Interior looks pretty good albeit could use a good cleaning. The body looks straight. It appears to be all there, badges, spoiler, trim. The Ronal A1s are 14". As Joe mentioned there are many small areas (mostly beltline and up) where the paint has given up and surface rust now resides but from what I can tell, it is a solid car. The underside looks clean (rust free) in the areas viewed. If I hadn't already had one, I would pursue its purchase. Just too much on my plate at the moment. It was just too close to not take a peek though.:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Location would definitely help. And since you're going to have to dig it out anyway, might as well dig it out now, take a few good photos, and you'll get more for it.

Definitely spend a few minutes to clean it up a bit then repost photos.

Yes, I agree, but...."a few minutes" is NOT what's involved here. The car is packed into a packed garage, and just getting to it, will take quite some time. I'm willing to sacrifice some price, since I know it's not being shown in the greatest of circumstances.

I would think that someone who is wanting one of these cars, and/or wants to restore one of these cars, would LOVE this car. It's one of the rarest models made, and has good/rare options on it (dual mirrors, sunroof, rear spoiler, rear wiper, air conditioning, mag wheels...just to name some of the things that I see, which I don't see on many of the others I look at on line).

In the car restoration BIG picture... they all cost around the same amount of money to restore, and it's what you have when your done....If I were restoring one of these, or one of my Mopar cars, I ALWAYS go with the car that is rarer, more options, and a good color (it only makes sense!).... OH, and 75K original miles, never wrecked, and very clean also helps too!

Hope this helps! Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, I'll cut to the bottom line....I've had several people send me PM's, and a couple offers (car has only been posted less than 1/2 a day).

Car was appraised 6 years ago (exactly as it sits right now), at around $5500.00....This was right after my step-dad passed away, and my mom didn't want to sell it at that time..... My mom is mentally ready to sell, and willing to take $2500.00 for it, to the first person who wants to pay that (we're already kinda close). If noone offers that price for the car in a "reasonable" amount of time, we will take less for it (but I doubt it will last long enough to take less money).

I feel someone could take this car home, and with a small amount of work, re-sell it for a profit (hopefully it'll go to a person looking to keep it, and enjoy it). In any event, I believe it's a really good deal, and should be worth more than we're asking, but only worth what someone is willing to pay for it...

If I take the time to dig it out, clean it up, and post "nice" pics of it, the price will most likely go up.... Hope everyone understands that the car is (hopefully) priced to sell quickly, and it will be a "first come (with money), first serve". Thanks! Joe

·
Registered
22 Posts
exhaust

Dear moparjoe,
Spoke to you while on vacation about the possibility of selling the Ansa exhaust not on the car. Is there any chance that might be possible? Laeft you a voice mail message yesterday. My cell is 318 359 9196 or reply here.
Thanks John

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just got home from vacation, and haven't done anything with the car. I got several calls while I was away, from an interested person, and he is going to call me this week.

I'd still prefer to sell the car, and see if the new owner wants the exhaust also. If the person who buys the car doesn't want the exhaust, then I'd be happy to sell it to you, but I don't want to (possibly) "blow" a sale, just for a few hundred dollars for the exhaust (hope you understand). Please stay in touch, and we'll see what happens.
Thanks, Joe

·
Registered
22 Posts
exhaust

Dear Moparjoe,

Thanks for the response. It does make sense that you don't want not having the exhaust to cost you a sale. If I hadn't already bought a car I would have probably bought yours. Let me know what happens because I definitely want the exhaust if possible. Thanks John

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK...I can do that.

Is the car you bought one of these same cars? This one might be more worth putting money into than what you bought, as it's very rare, and has lots of good points, and very few negative ones.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts