Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Richard Jemison
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This belonged to a friend who died 4 years ago. The car has been in dry storage since 1999.
It is a nearly unbelievable condition for a car of this age. The only rust is pictured in detail in pictures that will be loaded below. No rust in the chassis, floors, rockers, trunk etc.
Car has perfect original paint (Ivory/white), all four headlights replaced with Sylvania Halogen lights. No dash cracks, and has an indash/behind the front grill Whistler radar detector. Dark brown Leather interior. Drivers seat is showing wear but no "holes) one seam has come unstiched leather and beading are intact (it is not torn). It`s headrest has come unstiched.
The drivers side of the rear seat has an unstiched seam as well. Any upholstery shop can re-sew these. Leather is still very supple. The car has factory air conditioning (using a rotary pump (and there is a spare one that was sealed up) This is unfortunately a Spica car. Not only is that it`s fueling system but the Spica is of course belt driven, but the spica pulley has another belt that drives an airpump mounted under it. I have to assume this was a west coast car as I`ve never seen such on any other Alfetta. (There is a spare air pump too) The engine turns over easily by hand. There are two extra starters. There are about a dozen new filters (for everything including the little internal one for the spica. As well there is a set of Shankle headers for the car. Shankle swaybars (front one is mounted the rear one packed in the trunk with other torsion bars stock sway bars and more to get this stuff off the floor of my shop. As well there are 4 more big boxes of other spares loaded after the floor pics were taken.
Many years ago I rebuilt him a transaxle. I assume it`s in the car. There are spare new transaxle mounts, driveline parts, motor mounts (Engine has new motor mounts on it) hoses for everything "ad infiniteum"!
The radiator is out, it and a new one are part of the spares. along with the radiator fan
Bumpers are in excellent condition. Not coming apart at all. Glass is perfect with tinted film (re-moved from drivers side glass) Dash in perfect shape. Carpet in excellent shape. The hood and deck lid were off of the car. Probably to pull the engine and replace the fuel tank with an as new one which came with the car. I installed the hood/Deck lid and the new tank.
The car rides on 14x5.5" Turbinas (5) I gave him many years ago. Three are 5 beautiful BWA 14x6" rims, which can go with the car, as well as 5 steel wheels with hubcaps. And in the collection there is a set of 15x6" BWAs I plan to keep and sell. All these are 4 on 98mm with correct offset for the Sport Sedan.
There are NEW Brembo drilled & slotted brake rotors for front and rear as well as spare rear calipers, new brake pads, Koni shock absorbers, and another set of shocks, Just see pics.
You must pick up with a trailer and a truck for all the other stuff. Or you can rent a large U-Haul/Penske truck and it can be put on my lift if it is not in use and load it into the truck. Price $3,000.00.
Seats look grey in pics but are DARK brown...

P1150130.JPG P1150131.JPG P1150132.JPG P1150133.JPG P1150134.JPG P1150135.JPG P1150136.JPG P1150138.JPG P1150139.JPG P1150140.JPG

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Beautiful and a great deal for someone!

·
Richard Jemison
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A few more pics limit 10 There is every manual he had (see in pic) and i`m including (not pictured) my copies of the Factory 106 page "Workshop Manual" for Alfetta, and the 240 page Haynes workshop manual for the 1973-1980 Alfa Sedan and Coupe, along with the Alfa Romeo Owners Club "Owners` Technical Notes Series " for The Spica Fuel Injection System.
There are invoices for all these pruchases mad for this car. Including cams installed from a source I`ve never heard of...:unsure: P1150097.JPG
P1150097.JPG
P1150097.JPG
P1150099.JPG
P1150114.JPG
P1150128.JPG
P1150129.JPG
P1150142.JPG

·
Registered
186 Posts
If you have any of the dash top vents (the two round ones) available in that pile of parts, let me know. Thanks, Nick

·
Registered
20 Posts
I want the whole car but I gotta' talk my wife into another Alfa... She says I need an intervention now! I had an Alfetta sedan 35 years ago and loved it! It is still my favorite driving Afla. With the A/C on this car I am thinking of it as my next project. You are in Florida?

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
I want the whole car but I gotta' talk my wife into another Alfa... She says I need an intervention now! I had an Alfetta sedan 35 years ago and loved it! It is still my favorite driving Afla. With the A/C on this car I am thinking of it as my next project. You are in Florida?
What's one more ... every Alfa owner is always looking for another one. Just ask me, I know there is no limit and you get attached to each new arrival.

Of course, there are downsides -- having your dishwasher used to clean car parts, your sauce pans used to boil thermostats to see if they open, your jelly pans used to sort car parts, and tripping over engine parts walking through the living room as a few examples.

Until she's experienced those joys, who needs an intervention?

We had three Alfetta sedans; I like them also. They were my every day drivers and I can say I had the only Alfa in the parking lot as did our daughter at the high school.

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
I really want to put a V-6 in one of these.

Reactions: tizer2

·
Premium Member
14,231 Posts
All of those belt driven ancillaries look like they need a V6.

Reactions: 1978alfa

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
The orange fluid reservoir reminded me that these cars had an automatic rear leveling system. I hope someone picks this up and gets it back on the road!

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
Orange fluid reservoir?

Only the automatic's had the rear leveling system.

·
Richard Jemison
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The only thing this car should have belt driven is the water pumo, Alternator and the AC pump .
The belt arrangement is different, the crank drives the Spica and the spica drives the air pump. As well the crank drives the AC pump which drives the alternator. At least these didn`t have the old York AC piston pumps. (and there is another rotary pump that was sealed up in the spares.

I`m barely in Florida. Pensacola, Fla. (Far Lower Alabama)
\

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would love this alongside my Milano Verde. What’s the mileage and how many previous owners?

is the asking price negotiable? What’s your zip code please? So I get a price for shipping to NYS.

·
Richard Jemison
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It`s either 94000 or 96000 miles. Bill was the 2nd owner.
Price is firm if all of the spares including all the wheel sets, new rotors go with it.

It dosen`t run so pickup will have to be done with a shipper with a winch or something. All the spares will require additional space and loading it up.

As I said in the thread,I suspect the best way to get it that far will be with a U-Haul truck. It can be loaded from my lift as I`ve done with a Lotus Elan I sold going to Connecticut.
Rj
Cell 850-516-3847

1 - 16 of 16 Posts