Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are (sadly) looking to sell our 1979 Alfa Spider.
The car was brought up to Canada from California 9 years ago.
Our daughter is turning 16 and as much as she wants the car it is not going to happen..lol
It has a crazy low mileage
No rust
Interior is in great shape
Some non original parts ie stereo system
The vinyl window needs to be replaced (we have it, just have not done it)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
...Our daughter is turning 16 and as much as she wants the car it is not going to happen..lol...
I'm obviously not a girl but if I had had an Alfa Spider when I was 16 I think my life would have been completely different. Maybe for better, maybe for worse but then we'll never know now will we?

·
Premium Member
21,454 Posts
I built a cheap red 85 Spider for my 18-YO daughter. She learned to drive in it. So far so good. I had my first Alfa at 18, so there seems to be a pattern.
Andrew

·
Registered
77 Posts
My first Alfa was a 79 spider, bought in 1983 when the owner told me his son was turning 16 and he didn't want the car in his house! It had 5K miles and, other than being in need of a paint job from being sun baked for 4 years, it was pretty much perfect. That was before I had children although as the years passed and my own children obtained their licenses, I understood completely!

·
Registered
81 Posts
So what are you looking to get for it? I just sold my 79. I got it for a song and sold it for a song after I got it on the road but it had rust and electrical issues I didn't want to deal with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts