Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting spark from the ignition coil wire but none from any of the 4 plug wires.
Where do I start?
Thanks in advance.

·
Richard Jemison
7,370 Posts
Spark

Points and condensor, or electronic ignition?
It makes no difference which it is. If you are getting spark from the coil the trigger is working.
Rotor may be broken most likely if the cap is not tight on the dist body.

Easy to check. Pull the cap. Rotor on Bosch dist pull up and off. Marelli has 2 screws and the rotor cap has a round and square post on the underside to locate it in the correct position.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not sure. I took the distributor cap off. Everything was intact. I put it back on. This time I pulled a plug and put the plug wire back on and noticed a spark. So, i re installed it and she started. It may have been getting a spark the whole time and I was keeping the screwdriver too far away from the wire to get a spark. Or, by simply taking the distributor cap off and fiddling around with the rotor it corrected the problem.

The car has 65,000 miles on it. Only 9,000 in the last 12 years so it may have been varnish or bad fuel in the injector pump.

While of got you, what are the 4 little lights around the oil pressure gauge? What does exhaust temperature mean?
And, where can I get a shop manual for a 1979?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
13,982 Posts
The only thing worse than having a problem that you cannot fix is fixing it and not knowing how you did it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts