Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:

I am new to the Alfa world so please be patient with me. I am trying to restore a 1979 Ivory Alfa Romeo Spider, can anybody tell me the best place to get pictures of the original look of the car.

Xirrus

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome

Hi,

Welcome to the Alfa family. I live in Rowland Heights and own a 76' spider (beige color) for 3 years.
I just finished rebuild the clutch master & slave cylinder yesterday. It was so painful during the process if you've never done that before. But, feel great when it's completed.
I'll send you some pictures later. I only have my bike's photo in my office computer.

Good luck.
Ed

·
Senior TEXAS member
1,526 Posts
78-AR-SPIDER said:
Joe here is a pic of my '78 changes are Roll bar, perplex headlight covers and wheels.
I WANT YOUR WHEELS!!!
Please tell me where you found those and if they are still available.
Great looking '78. Looks like you beat me to it as that is how I want mine to look.:cool:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Xirrus, there are a number of books out there that show pictures of spiders, inside and out. Also as the "Picture Room" on this forum is fixed (I understand the pics are being re-loaded) you will get ideas from other members. You will probably be able to tell who keeps their car "stock" versus who makes modifications of varying degrees.

Ebay often has marketing flyers for the various model years, and you can find some books with pictures at your library or large bookstores. Don't forget that Alfa changed minor things all the time. It depends how original you want to make it, etc.

Best of all, when you have a question, ask the group! You'll be amazed at the wealth of knowlegde here. :)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
78-AR-SPIDER said:
Joe here is a pic of my '78 changes are Roll bar, perplex headlight covers and wheels.
Sweet!!! The car has a very nice stance and the tires/wheels are just right. Well done.

·
Registered
369 Posts
78-AR-SPIDER said:
Nice! Mine aspires to look that good.

BTW, I can't quite tell from the angle of the photo--did you pull off the "ding strips" down the sides of the body? My '78 still has them but they don't look good--am wondering how they are attached (e.g., how many holes do I have to fill if I pull them).

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
550 Posts
Frank My spider did not come with "ding strips"
I'm not sure how many Spiders came without the strips. maybe some of the great minds on the BB know
slb1001 the tires are 195/65r/14's
Thanks for the nice comments.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Xirrus said:
Hi All:

I am new to the Alfa world so please be patient with me. I am trying to restore a 1979 Ivory Alfa Romeo Spider, can anybody tell me the best place to get pictures of the original look of the car.

Xirrus
This book has a lot of good photos, both exterior and interior. It doesn't show every year, but should be a good start.

Original Alfa Romeo Spider (Bay View Original Series) by Chris Rees

1 - 13 of 13 Posts