Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Just so you know your price is pretty high. I would expect a realistic price to be about half of that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input Grant - price reflects the car's condition and is supported by NADA's price guide, in fact priced well below.

Low Retail Average Retail Value High Retail
Base Price $5,875 $7,625 $12,250
Options

Alloy Rims 2000 Models 5% 5% 5%
TOTAL PRICE $6,169 $8,006 $12,863

·
Registered
570 Posts
Thanks for the input Grant - price reflects the car's condition and is supported by NADA's price guide, in fact priced well below.

Low Retail Average Retail Value High Retail
Base Price $5,875 $7,625 $12,250
Options

Alloy Rims 2000 Models 5% 5% 5%
TOTAL PRICE $6,169 $8,006 $12,863
I've owned three Alfetta GT's and loved them all. So please undertand that when I say that NADA is OUT OF THEIR MIND! Grant is right.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
That is a very nice car. You know I have been looking at what these cars have been selling for in Europe and the equivelent of yours would be $10k-$15k depending on condition. Yes, they are more desireable in europe but there are so few that are complete and in good condition. I think you will get your price or close to it.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Buntym,

Please let us know what it eventually sells for. I think some of the Alfetta people here would like to know what your car is really worth. Good luck with your sale!

Rosso,

European Alfettas are a whole lot nicer looking and driving than US Alfettas out of the box! I say this because of the stainless bumpers and the dual sidedraughts that come on them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Regarding Alfa Romeo Sprint Veloce / Alfetta pricing, I sold a nice original / re-sprayed one last summer for $11,500 (...and felt like I was giving it away). These are unique, great looking cars. While they not as fast as GTV6s, IMO they are much prettier. They are a nice alternative to a Spider and "once sorted" make great weekend play things and are rare at club events. They are comfortable and modern enough to be used daily if you wanted too; the air blow nice & cold on mine.

Finding a good, clean, non-rust car to play with and improve is becoming very difficult to do. Posted here is a nice West Coast car, (save the blacked out rear hatch...?) appears to be original. Considering the labor costs to restore, repaint, re-upholster cars to a decent standard, this model is simply under valued.

Compared with the price of a Scion or a Kia, the $5, $6, $7 Grand entry fee seems down right cheap to me. Fix a few mechanicals, redo the interior and drive it while you bring it back to its glory... Think of the fun you would have.

As far as I know you only live once. Why not do it in a nice old Alfa. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
570 Posts
Regarding Alfa Romeo Sprint Veloce / Alfetta pricing, I sold a nice original / re-sprayed one last summer for $11,500 (...and felt like I was giving it away). These are unique, great looking cars. While they not as fast as GTV6s, IMO they are much prettier. They are a nice alternative to a Spider and "once sorted" make great weekend play things and are rare at club events. They are comfortable and modern enough to be used daily if you wanted too; the air blow nice & cold on mine.

Finding a good, clean, non-rust car to play with and improve is becoming very difficult to do. Posted here is a nice West Coast car, (save the blacked out rear hatch...?) appears to be original. Considering the labor costs to restore, repaint, re-upholster cars to a decent standard, this model is simply under valued.

Compared with the price of a Scion or a Kia, the $5, $6, $7 Grand entry fee seems down right cheap to me. Fix a few mechanicals, redo the interior and drive it while you bring it back to its glory... Think of the fun you would have.

As far as I know you only live once. Why not do it in a nice old Alfa. :)
While I'd love to find out that these Guigaro designed beauties are improving in value, I continue to watch nice ones like the one currently on ebay sit with no interest at $4800. Having said that, the red one above is a real gem and worth what NADA indicates. Its just extremely rare to find one so well cared for. The Alfetta GT's performance is just not good enough to warrant any more value. I'd bet the PO had more than $11,500 into it.

The cost of restoring and re-upholstering the car to a decent standard does not improve its value over cost. Be honest with yourself and understand that the value of these cars is in their use not in their resale, for the most part. There are always exceptions, but they don't change the norm.

Look, how many Alfas are for sale for less than what owners have into them? I believe that Alfa can be a good LONG TERM investment. Long Term is something more than 10 years, probably 15-20 if you buy it right.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Many Europeans would disagree wholeheartedly with your comments. The Alfetta is a extremely popular and sought after car there and values are on the rise. The early Alfetta’s have a lot of racing history throughout Europe.

I personally feel the “series 1” Alfetta (1973-1976) will see a lot of appreciation in the future as they are so rare and the purest of the series. The cars are 35 years old now and the aerodynamic designs from Giguaro of the Bertone studio are now being talked about more then I have remembered in the past.
Even finding decent cars is getting scarce both in Europe and in the US.
The series 1 cars were also the basis for the original Autodelta Rally and ETCC campaigns.
The jury is still out on the later Series 2 as seen here cars and GTV6’s

While I'd love to find out that these Guigaro designed beauties are improving in value, I continue to watch nice ones like the one currently on ebay sit with no interest at $4800. Having said that, the red one above is a real gem and worth what NADA indicates. Its just extremely rare to find one so well cared for. The Alfetta GT's performance is just not good enough to warrant any more value. I'd bet the PO had more than $11,500 into it.

The cost of restoring and re-upholstering the car to a decent standard does not improve its value over cost. Be honest with yourself and understand that the value of these cars is in their use not in their resale, for the most part. There are always exceptions, but they don't change the norm.

Look, how many Alfas are for sale for less than what owners have into them? I believe that Alfa can be a good LONG TERM investment. Long Term is something more than 10 years, probably 15-20 if you buy it right.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Any photos with the seat covers removed, and of the engine bay besides the one in original link (and inside front fenders above wheels)?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Many Europeans would disagree wholeheartedly with your comments. The Alfetta is a extremely popular and sought after car there and values are on the rise. The early Alfetta’s have a lot of racing history throughout Europe.

I personally feel the “series 1” Alfetta (1973-1976) will see a lot of appreciation in the future as they are so rare and the purest of the series. The cars are 35 years old now and the aerodynamic designs from Giguaro of the Bertone studio are now being talked about more then I have remembered in the past.
Even finding decent cars is getting scarce both in Europe and in the US.
The series 1 cars were also the basis for the original Autodelta Rally and ETCC campaigns.
The jury is still out on the later Series 2 as seen here cars and GTV6’s
It would be fabulous to see this model become the 'Dino', as in Ferrari, of the Alfa Romeo brand.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
It would be fabulous to see this model become the 'Dino', as in Ferrari, of the Alfa Romeo brand.
A Dino (206, 246) was never a Ferrari, nor will it be one.

This is an Alfa, and was originally birthed, designed, built, and badged as an Alfa. That being said - it's a cool one.

·
Registered
570 Posts
A Dino (206, 246) was never a Ferrari, nor will it be one.

This is an Alfa, and was originally birthed, designed, built, and badged as an Alfa. That being said - it's a cool one.
Well that's stating the obvious.:rolleyes: My reference to the other make was only to call attention the resurgence of its resale value over the last 20 years.

As I've said before, I have owned three Alfetta GT's / Sprint Veloces. What I am learning in this tread is the europeans value for the series 1, something that we did not see here in the states. So....live and learn. :)

Ciao

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
What's the Alfetta mkt at these daze?

As some of you might recall, back in 2005, with a heavy heart, I sold a prestine, unmolested alfa red 79 Sprint Veloce with original 43K miles for $5000. That owner spent $1k+ to ship it across this great land so he was in it for at least $6K from the start.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alf...fetta-sprint-veloce-w-43k-original-miles.html

Unfortunately I don't have the pics available from that posting. It was prestine, INSIDE (perfect black leather, headliner, everything worked) as well as OUTSIDE, plus along with the beautiful Campy Turbinos and P77s, it had 17" custom wheels and 215/40/17 tread as well.

This car appears to look great from the outside...apparently still a luster to the paint job, no evidence of rust. All the black out paint work isn't exactly my cup of lambrusco, but it isn't overly distracting. It's apparent that this car has some heat damage in the interior...seats dry and cracked/torn, dash with heavy cracks, console rocker buttons practically white. But the body and paint appear to be in great shape. The seller says the car has current registration and so it has passed CA's stringent smog tests, which would suggest it is mechanically sound to a certain level. ....of course I enquired...kick myself that I had to let my other baby go....

Is this Alfetta another $6k keeper...? That is the question I am pondering at the moment. Given the interior, it is not in the same shape as mine was, but its 4.5 years later on and where are the prices at now for good Alftettas....?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Where are the prices at now for good Alftettas....?

Where are the prices at now for good Alftettas....?

Created a new thread for us to expand on this discussion.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alf...ere-prices-now-good-alftettas.html#post851122

As some of you might recall, back in 2005, with a heavy heart, I sold a prestine, unmolested alfa red 79 Sprint Veloce with original 43K miles for $5000. That owner spent $1k+ to ship it across this great land so he was in it for at least $6K from the start.

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alf...fetta-sprint-veloce-w-43k-original-miles.html

Unfortunately I don't have the pics available from that posting. It was prestine, INSIDE (perfect black leather, headliner, everything worked) as well as OUTSIDE, plus along with the beautiful Campy Turbinos and P77s, it had 17" custom wheels and 215/40/17 tread as well.

This car appears to look great from the outside...apparently still a luster to the paint job, no evidence of rust. All the black out paint work isn't exactly my cup of lambrusco, but it isn't overly distracting. It's apparent that this car has some heat damage in the interior...seats dry and cracked/torn, dash with heavy cracks, console rocker buttons practically white. But the body and paint appear to be in great shape. The seller says the car has current registration and so it has passed CA's stringent smog tests, which would suggest it is mechanically sound to a certain level. ....of course I enquired...kick myself that I had to let my other baby go....

Is this Alfetta another $6k keeper...? That is the question I am pondering at the moment. Given the interior, it is not in the same shape as mine was, but its 4.5 years later on and where are the prices at now for good Alftettas....?

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Good job on the new photo set. That car seems to be very straight. It seems like it must have been sitting for a loong time though judging the vintage of the tires.

I don't see any rust in the photos!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts