Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my Sprint Veloce running, but have run into another problem. When I start the car, it almost instantly reaches 1,500 RPM, then over the next few seconds accelerates to around 3,000. I have read that the fast idle should be around 1,500. I went and checked the throttle on the engine and found that it does not pivot all the way back. It isn't stuck, and moves quite freely up the that point, where it stops. If you push it back all the way, the idle returns to normal. The cable running from the interior is a little loose, so it isn't causing the problem, and the spring has a good amount of tension as well. The longer of the two rods goes down into the engine compartment where I see it ends in a small lever and a stop screw. The lever doesn't even get close to the stop screw unless you manually push the throttle into what I assume is the correct position, but if you let go it snaps back, and revs up to 3,000 again. :mad:

Any ideas what the problem is? I don't know enough about cars to start adjusting the rods themselves, as I assume that would cause it to run roughly.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts