Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to do it but I am selling this sweet little 1978 Sport Sedan. One too many Alfas and nowhere to keep them! Great Colorado history, maintained well by all owners. Engine rebuilt by Alfa West with 10:4 pistons, Euro cams, SS valves. Marelli-Plex ignition. Runs great. 15x7 Ronal wheels w/ new Bridgestone Potenzas. Exterior is very straight. The paint is OK, clear coat is failing in a few areas. You can tell by the photos it still shines up well. I also have a fair amount of spare parts. Please email me with questions – [email protected]. $4250 OBO.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Oooo, I like that car. I've always liked those. And with the perfect wheels as well. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Looks like a great car, in a great color.

Why is it that these are not being coveted like Giulia Supers? They handle, they're comfortable, they have great proportions, parts are available. They should be going up.

I like this one too.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I really hate to let it go. Such is the life of an Alfa junkie.....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Was this car for sale maybe about a year ago from a different person? Would you consider a trade for a 74 spider plus cash?

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
What a couple of great looking and excellent condition Alfetta sedans.

Strange though how over in the US they are so different to what we got out here in Aus. With the one for sale, it has the early style chromed rear piller grills as per the series 1 Alfettas from '74-76 but with the later series 2 door handles (flush rather than proud chromed ones), the series 2 and 3 style bonnet but with twin round headlights as per series 1 and 3. Series 2 Alfetta sedans out here had horizontal rectangle ones.

The other and sad part re US cars are the large and (sorry IMHO), ugly rubber bumpers rather than the nice slimmer stainless steel ones like we got.

Love the Ronals on the car, they alone surely are worth half the price of the car. What are the wheels on the other Alfetta sedan shown, havn't seen them before but they too look great.

I like Alfetta sedans, I had a '76 one in Navy blue with turbinas and a tan interior. The guy who now has my old car, has installed the full drive train including 2.5 V6 out of a 90. Its lowered, sits on mille miglias, has a large bore exhaust and sounds and looks fabulous.

I too hope that some of them survive and perhaps increase a little in value, if nothing else than to encourage a few more to be saved. Shame so many rusted away.

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
The car passes CO smog testing. Probably needs hot air crossover pipe to be CA legal. It has the air pump and all the other smog parts.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Karen ;)

·
Registered
738 Posts
Bump for a nice little car I wouldn't mind owning. I cut my teeth as a teenager many moons ago on a 78 Sport Sedan and it taught me that cars were for so much more than getting groceries. Without posting any incriminating evidence, I will attest that these cars are quite adept on mountain roads and have the ability to leave many expensive German cars in the dust :)

Oh and I totally forgot these things have the same godawful door handle design as my Milano, right? Poor passengers simply cannot figure them out.LOL

Good luck with sale and I sure hope people keeps saving/restoring some of these as I may own one someday when I get a place to store more than one car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I hate to do it but I am selling this sweet little 1978 Sport Sedan. One too many Alfas and nowhere to keep them! Great Colorado history, maintained well by all owners. Engine rebuilt by Alfa West with 10:4 pistons, Euro cams, SS valves. Marelli-Plex ignition. Runs great. 15x7 Ronal wheels w/ new Bridgestone Potenzas. Exterior is very straight. The paint is OK, clear coat is failing in a few areas. You can tell by the photos it still shines up well. I also have a fair amount of spare parts. Please email me with questions – [email protected]. $4250 OBO.
Give me call at 530.889.0165 or email [email protected] regarding the 74 Spider and I can send you a bunch o pictures.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SOLD SOLD SOLD!!! Thanks for all of the interest.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts