Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am repainting a SPICA air box. It has two Vacuum connections on the bottom, and one to the round black box connected to a vane in the snokle.
Where do the hoses go that connect to these?

Thanks,

Don

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
The two nipples on the bottom are for drain lines that terminate in a one-way valve. I've yet to encounter or read about anyone that still has theirs, and I've never seen them available anywhere.

Someone else will have to comment on the round black box, which must be an emissions add-on.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
The two nipples on the bottom are for drain lines that terminate in a one-way valve. I've yet to encounter or read about anyone that still has theirs, and I've never seen them available anywhere.

Someone else will have to comment on the round black box, which must be an emissions add-on.

You have a pic of a early air box .....he has this one

Sorry been so long ICRS

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
You have a pic of a early air box .....he has this one
Agreed, but I suspect the drain lines are the same, which is why I limited my comment to those.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, That's the one!

The round black thing is connected to a vane that brings in hot air until the engine is warm. There are two connections on the bottom that appear to go to a switch, that is probably a temperatiure control device that turn the vacuum on and off for the air vane. But where to they go?

Don

1 - 5 of 5 Posts