Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have finally decided on a 1978 Spider.

As I searched through the archives I am pulling as much information as possible.

She passed the mechanical inspection

What I know is need:
1. Seats: they are cloth replacements and I prefer the leather
2. Top: two rips and I plan for a cloth replacement.

$2400, this gives room for improvement

And so the adventure begins...

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
I personally love these vintage Spiders. I am sure all of us here at the BB would love to see the car as she sits now. I agree the leather (or even nice Vinyl replacements) are favored over cloth. I just put on a set from World Upholstery, and I cannot say anything but good about the deal, the price and the fit. nice product at a reasonable cost... Good luck on the new purchase.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Movido,

I have owned a 78' Spider for 20 years and it is recently rebuilt. I obtained the new door panels, seat covers and carpets from World Upholstery, and while the door panels and seat covers fit perfectly, I was less than impressed with the carpet set as the fit and finish was poor. I got the new vinyl top from "topsonline", but they do also carry canvas if that's your pleasure. If the car is in decent condition rust wise and mechanically, $2400 is a reasonable price and everything you may ever need is available. Welcome to the Alfa Spider fraternity!

Salsero (Ed)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts