Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My transmission mounts are broken, both left and right.
Centerline Alfa appears to be the only supplier.

Any other suppliers recommended?

Also, does the whole transaxle have to be dropped, or just the crossmember?

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
First, remember with Alfettas just be glad there are any replacement parts at all. This from a 25 yr Alfetta GT owner.

Replacement is not difficult.. You only need to remove the crossmember:
- Jack stands under the car body not the deDion.
- Remove crossmember 6 bolts
- slowly jack up on the rear deDion which pushes the front of the transmission down. I don/t remember if you have to disconnect the clutch hose connection for this. As you lower the front of the trans the slack is taken out of the clutch line so pay attention to it as you lower the front of the trans.. If you do then unscrew the hard line to hose connection. Helps to siphon fluid form the reservoir to speed up the drain process.
- Remove 2 bolts at each mount where they connect to the clutch cover. - The clutch slave will be undone at this point so check it and the flex hose out. Easy to replace now and you will have to bleed the slave cyl anyway.
- Remove the drossmember center bolt and try to remember where that washer/spacer goes. The crossmember is heavy and wants to smash your forehead when it slips from your greasy hands.
- Remove and replace the mounts from the cross member.
- Put it back together

I think I have all the steps in the correct order. Good luck.
Oh, and when you can't get the clutch slave cylinder to bleed and your search function doesn't work, post another thread.

Pic is shot from front looking to the rear, driver's side.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whats wrong with Centerline?
Shipping parts to Canada from Centerline has been really expensive.
Also, I have not had the best luck with quality and the wrong parts being shipped.

For me, Centerline is a last resort, thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First, remember with Alfettas just be glad there are any replacement parts at all. This from a 25 yr Alfetta GT owner.

- slowly jack up on the rear deDion which pushes the front of the transmission down. I don/t remember if you have to disconnect the clutch hose connection for this. As you lower the front of the trans the slack is taken out of the clutch line so pay attention to it as you lower the front of the trans.. If you do then unscrew the hard line to hose connection. Helps to siphon fluid form the reservoir to speed up the drain process.
- Remove 2 bolts at each mount where they connect to the clutch cover. - The clutch slave will be undone at this point so check it and the flex hose out. Easy to replace now and you will have to bleed the slave cyl anyway.
- Remove the drossmember center bolt and try to remember where that washer/spacer goes. The crossmember is heavy and wants to smash your forehead when it slips from your greasy hands.
- Put it back together

Oh, and when you can't get the clutch slave cylinder to bleed and your search function doesn't work, post another thread.

Excellent, thank you. This is what I was looking for!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

- Put it back together

Excellent, thank you. This is what I was looking for!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Shipping parts to Canada from Centerline has been really expensive.
Also, I have not had the best luck with quality and the wrong parts being shipped.

For me, Centerline is a last resort, thats just my opinion.
I've visited Centerline a few times in the past two years, and even in that short time span they've shown off a pretty solid checking system for parts shipped. It always sucks to get the wrong part and have to wait another week to get it sorted out (I've been there with other suppliers), but I wouldn't hesitate to order from Centerline. Can't help you on the shipping cost though.

Installing the mounts isn't a bad job at all. Make sure you chase the threads in the dedion crossmember - they've been crusty from dust on my cars.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My transmission mounts are broken, both left and right.
Centerline Alfa appears to be the only supplier.

Any other suppliers recommended?

Also, does the whole transaxle have to be dropped, or just the crossmember?
Reviving this.. Anyone know where to buy these trans mounts? Centerline says Out of Stock. Are there alternatives? Aftermarket performance mounts? Modified GTV6 mounts?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hi, you say " Centerline says Out of Stock.", yup, that's what happened to me last September. I ended up waiting until February, until the were in stock.
I bought them from Centerline, but had them shipped to US not Canada.

Try Highwood Alfa at Highwoodalfa thats in the UK of course.

All the rubber does is dampen vibrations, so depending on what your using the car for.
i don't think there are many high performance options available in the aftermarket.

This appears to be the only modification/high-performance option, is to "Through-bolting front transaxle mounts".

I am sure a few have tried, but not cost effective, you could make your own using DIY liquid urethane or go 'hard' core, weld up solid mounts. Of course I am sure other things will start breaking.

Best to just buy replacement, cheapest(most efficient), easiest, but might have to wait a bit or pay extra in shipping.

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Also try Jason at Alfissimo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts