Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this beauty one year ago, with intent to bring her up to spec, a month later I found out I was having a baby. Baby is here, the Alfa has to go.

My loss and poor timing is your gain. I did not do anything to her since I bought her except drive her circa 150 miles.

The good: all original, no rust. When she drove she drove well. She needs a tune up, all fluids and a valve job to be a daily driver.

The bad: she needs a new top (or just back window) and the original vinyl seats are torn. Cosmeticly the paint is dull and there are a few minor dents. Mechanically she now only stats and idles slowly, I have no idea what the issue is.

Car is located in Las Vegas

$2500

My info: Gaetano Curcio tel # 702-415-3595

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,714 Posts
Carbs or Spica?
For a car with such needs, my sense is price might be high. The market for post-74 Spica Spiders is not strong; they're kind of the low point for Spiders. Top, seats, and paint will cost more than the value of the car, in my experience.

Andrew

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't mean to be discouraging, just want to help set your expectations...I've been looking for "the right Alfa" for a few months now (this isn't it btw). Just as an observation, I would say the pool of potential Alfa buyers is pretty small unless you have a truly exceptional car. I think many buyers (me included) have a pretty narrow band of cars that they want to buy. I've noticed what appear to be pretty solid well-loved cars on this bb and elsewhere that go unsold for months. Perhaps sometimes the price is too high, but often it just takes time for the right buyer to come along. As someone said on another thread recently, there are two prices for a car. One if you absolutely have to sell it now, and a higher one if you are willing to wait...

·
Premium Member
21,714 Posts
In the US, especially the west, there is pretty much always a glut of Spiders, and most are overpriced. Vegas won't have as many as the Bay Area, but there are always Bosch Spiders, and sometimes Spica ones, going unsold at way too high prices on craigslist and elsewhere. It's a buyer's market for Spiders; ones with issues will get passed up for ones that don't need anything.

Andrew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts