Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For Sale – 1977 Alfa Romeo Spider -
I did a lot of work on this car more than 11 years ago when I bought it from my son who decided he wanted a 911 shortly after he bought the Spider in Northern VA. The widow of the original owner gave him all the car’s paperwork including the bill of sale as well as invoices from when the car was new. There is a lot of material which makes for fascinating reading. It was clearly her husband’s “pride and joy.”
I had owned a 1974 Spider with a big custom front air dam and Weber carburetors for a few years and when the oil pressure went to zero, I decided that I wanted a more normal-looking car and my son’s Spider fit the bill nicely. I took a number of parts off of my ’74 Spider when I sold it to a woman who needed a replacement body for her Spider which she has wrecked in a big way racing at Summit Point in West Virginia.

The ’77 Spider needed repainting and a general tune-up when my son bought it but with the exception of the seats, it was otherwise in good shape. After I towed the car back to NJ from VA, I did everything that was required except the seats but didn’t drive it more than 500 miles since then. It was parked in my garage all the time I had it in NJ.
I debated what to do with it when my wife and I moved to the Houston area two years ago but finally decided to bring it along. It has been sitting in my garage since then and I recently came to the conclusion that I wanted something more modern and easier to drive/maintain and started shopping around for a contemporary convertible.

A 2005 Mercedes CLK 55 AMG with its looks, power and handling was too tempting and I was not able to resist buying it. For that reason, the Alfa is looking for a new home with someone who will drive and enjoy it. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to do that even though I loved the car. Beautiful design, sweet engine and great driving position.
Asking $ 3,500 OBO

Call 609-471-1698 for more details - Ralph
[email protected]
=======================
Photos (Snapfish)
https://1977arspiderforsale.shutterfly.com/pictures/8
============================
1977 Alfa Romeo Spider – Dark Metallic Silver exterior with black top (top in VG condition)
Mileage: 78,000 miles – less than 200 in last 14 years
New clutch, PP, THB and slave cylinder – less than 200 miles ago
New paint 11 years ago and car has been garaged every night since then
Gas tank removed, cleaned and inside coated 11 years ago
No rust on body anywhere – repaired when car was repainted in 2006
Seats need to be rebuilt and reupholstered
Like-new real sheepskin full seat covers
New fuel pump, filter and fuel pressure gauge two years ago
Kenlowe electric fan
Spare head and cams with recent valve job, Weber 40 DCOE carbs and intake manifold
SPICA mechanical fuel injection - spare SPICA injector pump
Space parts including starter, alternator, brake calipers, original correct AR air cleaner
Oil cooler - not installed
“Turbina” rims in good shape but could use repainting (extra tire and rim in addition to spare in trunk)
Tires on ’77 were from ’75 Alfa with less than 1500 miles on them
All documents/invoices since car was new
Numerous Spider books, manuals and original factory parts/service books
Nylon car cover - lightweight

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.