Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1977 Spider 49-State
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

After years of yearning and lurking here, I finally bought my first Alfa. If anyone could supply me with a wire diagram, it would be immensely appreciated.

Lots of great info on this forum, for sure. Can't wait to get things sorted.

Thank you all.

·
Banned
14,996 Posts

·
Registered
9,261 Posts
what is the difference between a 49 state and a "50" state wiring diagram?
Is one spica and one carbs?

Also, this one is on the internet and looks to be better than the file that I have. I found it with a Goggle search
that is a cloned Jim "Papajam" Neill diagram...see the little detail like the alfa key ring...only Jim bothered to draw such little details for us alfa nuts!

Jim's original though is 100 times better quality as you can enlarge it right up and zoom in to any one detail.....

here, like the key ring:)
detail.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
In 1977 there were 115.02 spica spiders and 115.41 spica spiders. Other years too I’m sure. That’s all I know for certain, don’t know the physical differences between the two. Only the 115.41 cars got the SB for the in tank fuel pump.

·
Registered
1977 Spider 49-State
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, thanks all for jumping in! I did manage to find that same 1978 diagram on the internet. It will probably be 99% of what I need, but I was just wanting the 1977 49 state diagram for that last 1%. I'm a stickler for these things. Really, the 1978 diagram is probably 99.99% coverage.

I saw on this forum in a list that Papajam did have a 1977 49 state diagram. I was hoping someone would have it.

·
Registered
1977 Spider 49-State
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what is the difference between a 49 state and a "50" state wiring diagram?
Is one spica and one carbs?

that is a cloned Jim "Papajam" Neill diagram...see the little detail like the alfa key ring...only Jim bothered to draw such little details for us alfa nuts!

Jim's original though is 100 times better quality as you can enlarge it right up and zoom in to any one detail.....

here, like the key ring:)
View attachment 1649644

In 1977, there was a "California" Spider, which had a catalytic converter. I know the later cars had the temp sensor, etc. for this system. Not sure if it was on 1977. In any event, I'm sure there are minor differences on the wire diagram.

·
Registered
1977 Spider 49-State
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In 1977 there were 115.02 spica spiders and 115.41 spica spiders. Other years too I’m sure. That’s all I know for certain, don’t know the physical differences between the two. Only the 115.41 cars got the SB for the in tank fuel pump.

Ah, didn't know about the engine number differences. Mine is the 115.02. I was thinking the engine # would be the same for both version, but I guess not.

·
Registered
1977 Spider 49-State
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking for this stuff too if anyone has it or can point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
If you still need the Wiring Diagram, I may be able to send you one this evening. I don't have a famous Papajam color keyed one, (I have one for a 78) but it is of pretty good quality.

Mo in NJ

·
Registered
1977 Spider 49-State
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you still need the Wiring Diagram, I may be able to send you one this evening. I don't have a famous Papajam color keyed one, (I have one for a 78) but it is of pretty good quality.

Mo in NJ
Hey, thanks for the offer. Totally appreciate it. A moderator sent me a private message and said he would email me the diagram. Hoping it is a Papajam vintage but I'll take what I can get of course!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts