Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still new and still looking for an Alfa. There is a 1977 near me that the owner claims to have been in the US all it's live. He also says the speedo is in Kilomometers and not Miles. Is this "standard" or am I getting a line of bull?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It is listed here

There isn't too much info on CL but after talking with the guy he is sure it is a US model.

alfa romeo spyder convertible spider

Says he and his son put on a Bosch fuel injector and then took of the original bumpers to put on "later model bumpers and ground effects". This worries me a bit.

·
Registered
585 Posts
77 speedo in Km

Somehow, the rear spoiler and wheels detract from the car. I'd be careful...look for rust in all the usual spots...door sills, undercarriage, spare tire well. "He and his son" are they qualified Alfa wrenches....Id be careful...at least get it checked out. Red is the fastest color.....

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah. I checked it out. It has a non-color matched spoiler that really detracts from the car. So do the '86 bumpers and ground effects that are taped on! It isn't even licensed or insured so I could drive it down the city block in 2nd gear. Not anything I like but a good start for looking for something and understanding what they are without driving too far.

·
Registered
585 Posts
personally, unless it is really a steal...I'd look for something that hasn't been done over by an amature to suit his own ideas. Alfa's are nice looking when factory. Some slight (SLIGHT) mods will look good to the owner, but this looks like..to me..a hack job My 86 spyder has chromodoro wheels, and fog lights. It has mesh on all the lights, and a front bra...that's all folks.............

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate it. We did decide to pass on this one when we looked at it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts