Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Alfagal said:
HI, I am trying to sell a 1977 Spider Inenzione. I am about to post it on ClassicCars.com and I need to know the engine specs... don't laugh, I am a woman trying to sell it for someone in jail... help please... thanks, Alfagal
4 cylinder, 2 liter, Fuel Injected

·
Registered
6 Posts
engine facts!!!!

Thanks, Roadtrip.
First one I am selling for a friend who was dumb enough to get his first Alfa and then go to prison! Anyone interested? Runs like a maniac but needs some TLC.:D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
alfapipes said:
When I restored, my 75 Spider, I tried to keep everything original..except the air pump. I didn't like those studs either. I do not remember the size of the wrench, but I removed the entire plug, stud and all. I replaced them with the plugs that were used on the earlier engines. In this picture notice the plug on the left is missing. This is beacuse when I threaded the new plug in, it siezed up on me. When I tried to take it out, I chewed it up pretty bad. Fortunately the head was not damaged, and I was able to get another plug. So, be very careful when installing the new plugs.

Alfapipes...

Wow this was a post from a year ago. Where did you get the plugs from an earlier year engine?

Thanks for chiming in...great job on your engine...that much work is a little over my head at this time!

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Alfagal said:
Thanks, Roadtrip.
First one I am selling for a friend who was dumb enough to get his first Alfa and then go to prison! Anyone interested? Runs like a maniac but needs some TLC.:D

Prison, huh. I think it's only ethical that you tell that to a potential buyer. Anyone who might think about buying that car should take it by the police station and get a sniff check by a police drug dog, before they have a lot of "splaining" to do someday in the future.

·
Registered
6 Posts
thnx for the advice, but this car is clean... i just can't keep moving it around on the street anymore to avoid getting a ticket. I have 4 I have to move every 72 hours and this is getting old really fast...
Janice, 89, 91, 93 and 77 spiders (Yikes!)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Gary, thanks for your compliments. I am pretty sure that I got the plugs from www.alfapartscatalog.com. I have been able to get some uncommon parts from them. When I stripped one of them I got the replacement from a local garage specializing in Alfa's. I guess I should pay more attention to the post date:eek:

Russ

21 - 26 of 26 Posts