Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Before, I start this thread, I just want to say I am posting this for a friend. If you are interested, please contact him at the number in this posting. Thanks.

The truck is located in Vista, CA (San Diego area). It's a 1977 Ford F750 with a 4-speed trans and 2 speed rear end. The truck has low miles, recent brake work, and is in good running order. The cab needs some bodywork, engine is the original 390 with four barrel carburetor, gets about 8 mpg. It also has a hitch and has towed another Alfa on an open trailer. He used to put a GTV inside and tow a Giulietta Spider. He is asking $5,000.00 and would consider trades.

Contact Fred Schudekkopp (360) 588-8311

·
Premium Member
2,633 Posts
I think I can hear a couple guys calculating how much the divorce will cost them.

·
Premium Member
23,458 Posts
I dig this the most. This would be a great big brother to my 69 four-speed F250.
My wife, amazingly to most of you, is working out more parking spaces for me in her backyard project plans. Alas, not enough room for this baby.
Picture this in period Alfa-race-transporter yellow with sign-writing Alfa script.
Andrew

·
Registered
570 Posts
How do the ramps off the deck align with the wheel base?

·
Premium Member
3,273 Posts
Ramps-

Just fine, in a perfect world they'd be a little closer together -but it's never been an issue, it was in active use for many seasons.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Fred

I especially like the paneling on the inside.

Have you sent this to Pete Steilberg yet? This is right up his alley.

Cool piece!

·
Registered
570 Posts
PM sent to JCMF

·
Registered
570 Posts
Anybody in Norcal wanna buy a share of this with me? I can store it at my commercial yard close to Infineon Raceway (Sears Point). PM me (Andrew?)

·
Premium Member
3,273 Posts
Box-

I will confirm this -but I think it's 27 or 28 feet long. Alfas are like 13' and there is like 4' behind the car another 3' at the front to the 4' door and then another 3' or 4' to the front? That's the box, not counting the cab, as I said I will get a measurement -but this should help.

·
Premium Member
23,458 Posts
Ross, I'm pondering but probably not. My current racing system doesn't require a tow rig. At some point it might, but that's in the indeterminate future. Thanks for the offer though.
Andrew

·
Registered
103 Posts
very cool truck. I'm working out a tow vehicle situation currently. hopefully this avenue is still available when i figure it out sometime soon.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Andrew, No problem. I have two other Alfisti who are "in" and I'm working out the details on the terms (delivery/pickup) with Fred now, once he confirms it. Who knows, you may want to rent it from me in the future :)

I liked your vision for the graphics. Do you have a photo reference for the vintage color you mentioned?

Ross, I'm pondering but probably not. My current racing system doesn't require a tow rig. At some point it might, but that's in the indeterminate future. Thanks for the offer though.
Andrew

·
Registered
570 Posts
I think I can hear a couple guys calculating how much the divorce will cost them.
Bill. Keep in mind that the bench seat in the club cab makes a decent bed and the Alfa nearby serves as a security blanket. :)

·
Premium Member
23,458 Posts
I enjoyed more hours of quality time than I care to count yesterday driving this sucker from Carlsbad to Berkeley. Picked it up Wednesday night in Oceanside, stayed overnight at my dad's house in Carlsbad, and hit the road with it yesterday morning. Picked up a Buick Skylark in it in Santa Monica, picked up a set of race tires in Pasadena, and looked at a Berlina in Tulare on the way home. Basically did fine, which greatly minimizes what's involved in a trip like this.
I don't want to figure the gas mileage, but it was not in double digits. I would say a 390 four-barrel is hard pressed on a rig this size, even with nothing in the back; and I stuff 4000 lbs of American iron in there. It also was very windy in the Valley yesterday, a headwind the whole way, which didn't help. It was a chore maintaining 55 mph. That said, it runs and drives fine, everything works, and it's reasonably pleasant to drive for something so big. The big five-speed works well, and at the recommendation of the former driver, I left the rear end in high range and just drove. The truck is a testament to Ford products and the condition it was maintained in by Fred and the gang.
No problem. Now to unload the Buick and transfer the truck to its new owner. I'm just the messenger.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
23,458 Posts
Pics, if anyone cares. The Truck (with a capital T), basking under the palms in Mar Vista before loading the Buick. Buick being swallowed, longtime owner saying goodbye. Little and big Ford siblings. Finally, the Skylark in all its engine-fire glory.
Andrew

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,273 Posts
Looks good-

It's a nice rig, with a little TLC it will be even nicer. Would have never sold it had it been closer to me but I know you guys will use it as intended- moving Alfa's around! Thanks for posting these Andrew!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Andrew,

I'll pick it up tomorrow evening if that works for you.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts