Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a blue Alfa Romeo spider and noticed that it didn't have the Windshield wiper reservoir. I've been looking around for one and I have two questions.

1. What type of reservoir would fit in the slot?

2. I noticed a wire where the slot would be for the reservoir. Would that be for a pump or is the pump already in the foot button?

IMG_3794.jpg IMG_3796.jpg

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
My 1976 Spider that I sold in 1981 still had a foot operated pump. My current 1969 Spider project is a foot operated pump with a bag that hangs in the engine bay location you have a picture of. So you should probably state what year you car is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 1976 Spider that I sold in 1981 still had a foot operated pump. My current 1969 Spider project is a foot operated pump with a bag that hangs in the engine bay location you have a picture of. So you should probably state what year you car is.
it’s a 1977

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I can't remember what the reservoir looked liked in my 1976, but the foot operated pump stuck in my memory because I had never seen that before. About the same as when a friend and I were in his early 60s Ford with a vacuum operated wiper motor in a driving rain storm. Every time he applied throttle, the wipers stop. I had never seen that before either. This is my 1969.

I might add that the wiring in your picture did not look like factory. Go to the Electric forum and request from the members a copy of Popajam's wiring diagram for you model year. They are not on the forum but are available from people who have them and can be emailed. My 69 version won't help you.

·
Registered
1974 Alfa Romeo spider
76 Posts

See above - this is the tank you had but without the pump mounted. You could buy this from Centerline and modify the wiring on the foot pedal to operate the pump here which would probably be more practical than pumping that floor pump.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
There is a small electric pump that fits on the bottom of the reservoir. The mounting spot looks exactly like my 1980. I’ll post a picture in a few minutes.

·
Registered
8,431 Posts
originally made by Inteuropa (this was a NOS offered some time ago)
inteuropa lavaparabrezza.jpg

It was not necessarily electric either, so check what your 77 originally had....looks originally Canadian as I can just spot some weber carbs peeking out in that photo...;)
as the manual washer bottle is slightly different with a different cap (obviously no electric motor either)
For Sale - Inteuropa Washer bottle

does your foot pump have two outlet nipples for the small hoses, for instance, I think if it does then it will be the manual (aka foot-) pump one
like post #16 here:
Wanted - Washer bottle for 78 Spider

1 - 7 of 7 Posts