Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still trying to sell the Alfa, and I am breaking down and hitting the forums. You know you need it as a winter project for fun all summer long.

This rare Mario Andretti edition Alfa is one of 150 built worldwide. It's been on VT craigslist a couple times, but no one has come to look at it.

It is unique and beautiful. These Alfetta GT's were the rare combination of the hatchback GTV6 body with the bulletproof and sought after twin cam 8 valve, 2.0 liter, 4 cylinder Alfa motor. Has all the bells and whistles as far as period mods went. Cams, headers, Shankle suspension, Bilsteins, Weber side drafts, etc.

See all the pics and description at For Sale - The captions have all of the info about the car.

Current condition is running and needing a driveshaft guibo (rubber donut) and a brake line fitting. Rebuilt front brake calipers this spring. I have too many cars and this one doesn't get me going - for me it's about Hubert, Sven, and Jan, as opposed to Giuseppe, Tony, and Paolo.

What's it worth?
Trades welcome. Suggest something.

·
Registered
606 Posts
My thoughts

Bill,

I have a probaly best in the world or close to it 76 Alfetta GT, build date of 1/76,
CA version with all the smog stuff, restored to that status, plus the upgrades, Shankle, Momo, roll bar, euro lowered suspension, and smog stuff removed. I paid 5k for car(2010) that owner paid 2.5k(2009) and did some work, I have done about 3k more.

That said, your car would be very nice place to start for project. I did not see all the pictures, but if you got 1500-1800 I would be happy, if you got 2800+ I would be giggling. I actually have no idea what you are asking, I am not interested, just trying to help you out.

ncng

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Love the color and the webers, hate the rust. NCNG is probably right about the price.

Any chance you have a paint code?

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Still interested Bill, thought you were going to call.
Glenn

·
Registered
606 Posts
Don't want to bum anyone out about the car, Alfetta GT's and GTV-6's are awesome cars, way undervalued, I love your car, if I didn't have mine, I would be very interested, I don't know HevayMetal personally, but have talked with him many times on ABB, read alot of his posts, I would say he is an awesome Alfista guy, I would work with him. Just my 2 cents.

ncng

·
Registered
15 Posts
My brother past away and left a 77 Mario Andretti version number 148 of 150. Been sitting under tarp since 2013. I am looking sell it but don't want to get ripped off, but do not want to wait around for years to sell it. You guys have an idea on this one??

Attachments

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
If it's been sitting for a minimum of six years that's a real detractor. And if it's been sitting on dirt, the underside is probably badly rusted. I don't think the "Mario Andretti" version has any extra value as I think it was just a marketing gimmick.

Best thing to do is to take a lot of photos of the underside and any areas that show rust. Also, if you could get it running, that is a big plus. For someone to buy a non-runner, they have to assume a drivetrain overhaul as well as body and interior restoration/rust mediation and will value the car accordingly.

I don't want to discourage you, but don't expect very much out of it as it sits.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
The information/pictures you've given so far is insufficient to make an intelligent guesstimate. Don't even know where the car is. Any prospective buyer will have to transport it, and a non-runner is more expensive to transport.

As it sits, I'd make a wild guess at $1k, but some other guys on the BB might have a better idea if there was more information, pictures, and location.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Hi SuziQ

Agree with all the comments above, more info, location, fotos etc....

Also, please start a new FOR SALE thread, rather then piggy backing on this old outdated one.

GLWTS

Richard

·
Registered
15 Posts
Lol, took me 3 hours trying to sign on to AROC and kept getting error so a someone said try this. Then took another hour to figure this out. Lucky I guessed to tap the plus sign. Coming from the days of the first Tv's with rabbit ears, so I have no idea where to post for sale on this site. I really appreciate the bits of info so far. I live in Wisconsin 30 min south of Green Bay. We had sold his 1960 in days for decent money by posting some where, but I do not remember where I posted it. Guy from CA sent a cashiers check and a a hauling truck half a block long, so I get what your saying about that cost a buyer has to fugure in. I still have the engine for the 60 and some replacement chrome parts that look maybe new also. Do you post each piece on a separate thread and is there a way to tell if the pieces are old parts or new cheaper replacement pieces. I just thought they seemed light weight for being from the 60's. On here the buttons on top are not self explanatory,[Also can not work tv romote or vcr for context]. Is there a thread for for sale? Do you list in different threads depending on year/type? I have several more pics, just that it took 5 min for each one to load. Thanks to you guys for your expertise and steering me in the right direction, I also need a site for selling a 67 Harley Police Special, but searching brings up "biker clubs" that appear to be about group rides.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Hi SuziQ,

If you go up one lever from this link to the Classified, Cars for sale, you will see a button to post a new thread. Once you click that you will have the ability to create a new "for sale" posting with all the information you can provide. You seem to be able to post pictures - that is the best part.

Pictures of where these cars usually rust would be the most helpful. Bottom corners of the windshield, behind the front wheels, in front of the rear wheels and around the taillights. Also, open the hood and take pictures of the inner fenders near the back of the engine compartment. If these areas are mostly rust free, then you have something with some value. If there is a lot of rust or repair in those areas, you have a parts car.

Parts car and quick sale, I would expect $500 and be happy with $1000. If the body is really clean (no rust) then $2500 might be good for a non-runner. The mechanicals are easier to fix than rust on these things.

I know that there is a good Alfa community in the Chicago area and likely a chance to connect there. look for the Alfa Romeo Owners Club (AROC) and see what the closest chapter is. Contacting them may result in an easier sale. Good for the car and likely fair $$

Good Luck,
Mark

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts