Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my video, as stated above, it's the first time the cars has run in 42 years. The only things I have replaced on that engine are spark plugs and the factory air box, which I replaced with individual cone filters for better air flow and more room in the engine bay.

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
Geez - that starts easier than most carb'd cars on cold days. Idle should be 900-1100 RPM. Don't trust your tach if you have another way to check RPM (e.g. like many timing lights can do).

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Congratulations.

Please replace fuel hoses if you have not already, otherwise your new project might be rather short-lived!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congratulations.

Please replace fuel hoses if you have not already, otherwise your new project might be rather short-lived!
All flexible hoses and filters for the fuel system have been replaced, I also got the oil filter in the SPICA pump, and all the hard lines were cleaned out. After doing a couple of things with vacuum lines and adjusting the throttle link ends, it seemed to sit at about 1500rpm (based on the tach) on first start, and about 2000rpm after a rev or 2 (again, based on the tach, which I would assume is accurate, since it is mechanical)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts