Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings:

UPDATE 11/9/2011: The Super Project has been sold and was transported off this morning. I have now reconsidered selling the Alfetta, so it is no longer available.

Choices, choices.... Well, with the Duetto done, my Super resurrection finally underway, I need to lighten up on the fleet. I'd rather move the '91 Spider, but the market value makes it kinda silly to consider parting with it. On the other hand, the blue '76 trans-continental (see link in signature) Alfetta seems to have a few interested local parties.

Any interest here? I'm thinking in the $4,000 range, but I'll consider best offer, too.

The good: Solid west coast chassis (San Francisco & Portland)
Decent interior
Rebuilt 2 liter with GoTec EFI (1500 miles)
Stainless bumpers
new front windshield
new front steering rack
new front calipers
new MC & Servo
PO swapped in later LSD rear transaxle

Challenges: Needs paint to be perfect - especially rear hatch ( a better hatch swapped in but not painted well
passenger side rear quarter has a scrape and a bit of rust on the wheel well arch
Doors leak a bit into interior when in heavy rain

- Michael

Entry on Alfamilia site

Page of Photos

Photos taken 10/18/2011

BB Post on Chassis work

Attachments

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Choices

Nooooooooooooooo!
Ah, you may be correct. No! may well be the answer. We will be taking her to the CT chapter breakfast tomorrow. Rainy weather means no Duetto.

- Michael

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
What time and where will that be? Im headed down to Old Saybrook and may stop by.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Ohh... I should have left my phone...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Mike, pleasure doing business with you on the GTV. Thanks for taking the time to show me your toys. VERY nice collection of well cared for cars. I was eyeing the Alfetta..... Good thing I didn't know it was for sale or we'd still be trying to figure out how to load three cars in the car hauler.......

To anyone considering this car - Mike is a straight shooter and a very knowledgeable
Alfa collector. I'd recommend him highly.

Chris De Minco

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are 76's CA smog exempt yet?
That was the case three years ago in Seattle, where it came from. Here in Connecticut, the smog laws expire at the 25 year mark, so this year 1985 cars or earlier are exempt.

- michael

1 - 11 of 11 Posts