Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sold

Up for sale is my beloved 1976 Alfetta GT.

The car was originally a CA car. It came to MA in 2005 with the previous owner who kept it garaged with a stable of other Alfas. I was lucky enough to acquire it in 2010 and I have garaged it since then.

Never driven after the first winter road salting or before the first few decent rain storms in the springs. Not driven in rain (unless caught in a summer storm on return from work commute).

This is a US Alfetta but it all body work was done to give it the proper Euro look. New NOS stainless bumpers. HMA fabricated the nose to accomodate the correct Euro indicators. Side markers deleted. Even swapped the speedo to km/h. It has 15 inch Ronal A1 with 205 rubber. It looks amazing. More here: http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/alfetta-gtv6-1972-1986/202067-1976-alfetta-gt-eurofication.html

Very little rust - f'real. Of what little rust it did have, it was cut out and fixed by HMA during the Eurofication, including the A-piller around the windscreen. The only remaining rust is surface rust on the inner fender next to the shock tower. I had planned to deal with this in conjuction with taking the engine out. Originally red but changed to chocolate brown AR 836. Lots and lots of body work was done by HMA. All the previous dings, bumps, etc were all taken care of.

Everything electric works except drivers side B-pillar light, windshield washer squish-o-matic. Refinished wood steering wheel. No cracks in dash. Drivers seat re-uphostered.

2nd gear synchro isnt great but isn't horrible. Doesn't crunch if you shift slow and/or double clutch. There is an oil leak from both front and rear engine seals. It has Euro cams and has great low and mid range torque rather than power up top. LOUD Stebro exhaust. Non working AC was deleted too. Otherwise its a stock 2L SPICA engine. Starts right up regardless of the outside temp. Idles perfect (when warm).

It has a brand new clutch (sourced from Highwood - man they ship fast) installed just last month.

This little Alfetta has never let me down. I have driven it to work (long 150 mile round trip commute) throughout the summer months. Handles perfect especially driving around the mountain roads near here.

Price is $8000. I am located in Williamstown MA. email is best. ddagruma-at-gmail-dot-com

alfetta_gt_for_sale_front_qtr.jpg

alfetta_gt_for_sale_long_side.jpg

alfetta_gt_4_sale_front.jpg

alfetta_gt_for_sale.jpg

alfetta_gt_for_sale_rear.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Say it ain't so! You've got it set up beautifully!

I hope there's no extenuating circumstances forcing the sale, I know you poured your heart and soul into this one.

bs

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Stunning. Looks pretty similar to my car, but mine needs restoration...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
The full euro treatment looks great too, I'll have to look into that when mine goes under the knife!

·
Registered
76 Posts
The wheels are 15 x 7 Ronals and they are great looking wheel for these cars. The Mille Miglia editions came with a 14 x 6 version of these wheels. I've got a set of the 14s I am hanging on to just in case I get another Alfetta.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the comments.

Alas, 'tis true Brian. Decision to put it up for sale wasn't taken lightly - sort of a sum of many smaller factors adding up.

The 15x7 Ronals give the Alfetta the perfect stance. Not as light as the 14" magnesium wheels but allow for a wider tyre and it looks properly gorgeous. The 14" Ronals just don't fill the space as nicely.

I still have the 14" mags plus the what looks to be the original unused spare tyre. I wouldn't recommend using it though! Those will be included in the sale too.

·
Registered
974 Posts
What a great looking machine.. Sorry to see you're letting it go.. Looks well worth it. Glws

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Rob, Robo, and RobNH for the comments.

Engine bay is still red. The plan was to paint it black and address the remaining surface rust with the engine out. Keen eye's will spot the missing fan. It didn't work. I have a working replacement that I bought from local alfabb member last year but haven't installed it yet (or needed it). Nice thing about the Berkshires is you don't find yourself stuck in traffic (or even at a traffic light).

engine bay.jpg

I will take some underside pics and the boot.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts