Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As promised, here's some pictures of my Alfetta GT restoration.
I purchased this car (rather foolishly) on eBay without actually seeing in person.
I'll start with the some pictures from that eBay listing.

Jeff

Attachments

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My initial viewing

It still looked presentable in pictures. But its really no better than a "looks good at 20 feet" car. Make that 50 feet.
I had wanted to drive it to work and maybe have some fun with it. But it had sat for "God knows how long" and was in no condition to drive.
The windows had a huge amount of clear silicon layered over the edges of the windows and the chrome trim. And it still had a couple inches of water on the floorboards. I also begain to wonder just how long ago those eBay photos had been taken.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I've seen far worse alfettas. When it's all done, you'll have a very nice one that you'll enjoy driving and be proud of. I'm envious! Strangely enough, I have a silver '78 GT, a red Duetto and a Benz just like you. I bought my alfetta off e-bay from a guy in CA three years ago. It had a few rust spots as most alfetta's do, but nothing too bad. He represented it well. I had it shipped from LA to Orlando. -Clark

·
Registered
750 Posts
I agree, looked to be in not that bad of shape for a 76, how much did it cost up front?

The newer images you put up ... holy cow! Awesome - will just stay tuned, but man don't know if I envy the effort it will take to get it all back together, it's always easier ripping everything off :)

GV

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Interior

Carpet, headliner, door panels, dash, and trunk lining were all re-used. Seat padding was still good also. Just new seat covers from Matt at Re-Originals.
BTW - I've bought stuff from Matt for several years for my Duettos. I ordered these seat cover many, many months in advance. And they arrived in time!

Attachments

·
Registered
750 Posts
And more images! Now I'm just in awe (mouth hanging wide open with a dumb look on my face, way worst then a dear caught in headlights). Though I can hear the money flowing out of the wallet :)

GV

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I found a NOS carpet from some guy in Chicago who had dumped piles of money into restoring one and then life hit. New job, new house, baby and the Alfetta restoration got shelved and he ended up selling everything.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts