Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Are you sure it’s called ochre? That looks like the cinghiale/wild boar vinyl color to me. Some of the color brochures also refer to it as “pigskin.”

See the color here.

If that is a match, several suppliers (including Classic Alfa and Alfaholics) carry some combination of seat covers, door cards and/or raw vinyl in that color.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

Yes those are both my go-to places. Classic Alfa only has black and red for a series 2 Spider.

Alfaholics has black and burgundy with "other colours to order" but I am still waiting to hear back.

"Ochre" is actually a bit lighter and redder than pigskin. That colour was also available in GTV that year.
World Upholstery has a page for Italian vinyls. Italian Vinyl Color List from World Upholstery & Trim

I was hoping to find a set already made.

Finding new door cards in that colour will be a problem, I might just go with the "Burgundy".

Thanks again

Attachments

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
ReOriginals sells what you are looking for. About 20 years ago I purchased a set of their seat covers, in pigskin, for my 77 Spider. The door panels were original. The new seatcovers were an exact match as to both color and grain. ReOriginals seatcovers are expensive and delivery can take a long time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello,

Actually I had them send a sample last year and the "dark saddle" is different, more of a duller brown.
The "Ochre" colour is a bit brighter and more reddish.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
I'm pretty sure that colour is also referred to as, Atacama. Colour on my screen might be off a bit, but if it's the same colour then BMW and Volvo have used it recently. I guess if you call the mid 2000's recent..... :-s

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Has anyone found a supplier for this cinghiale (wild boar) coloured vinyl?

Most of the ready made seat covers are black or red.
Alfaholics was able to order these from Italy, it took 6 months.
There are 2 shades of "cinghiale", the earlier version is a bit lighter.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm pretty sure that colour is also referred to as, Atacama. Colour on my screen might be off a bit, but if it's the same colour then BMW and Volvo have used it recently. I guess if you call the mid 2000's recent..... :-s
It's called "cinghiale" (Italian Wild Boar).
Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts