Alfa Romeo Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Push hard and live
9,200 Posts
I drove the car. There are many pluses. Runs well, feels well aligned with no clunks. Interior nice enough, and certainly serviceable.

The only significant negative I noted was the structural sill rust. It’s widespread enough that I would repair it before using the car. The max value of the car probably does not warrant a full down-to-the-bare-metal restoration. On the other hand, someone savvy with a 105 chassis might be able to weld in reinforcements on a digestible budget and get a lotta miles before calling it done. I say that without having done such a repair on a 105, but if it can, it’s a cute car.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Thanks for the perspective Don. I think the car is very usable as is, and I have been using it for the last eight years, albeit lightly. I agree that this probably isn’t a car you will flip for a lot of money after restoring, but I think the majority of Alfas (and classic cars in general) have been that way for as long as I can remember. I think this car is a great candidate for a driving restoration, and can be enjoyed for most of the process.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
I think my next fun/part time vehicle is going to be a small Honda motorcycle. Supercub or 200 or 350. Maybe even as big as a cb550, but that’s about it. So I’m willing to listen to trades that involve something like that plus some cash. Or maybe a BMW bike.

·
Premium Member
21,380 Posts
My Cagiva 900 Gran Canyon? Keep the Italian vibe going. Ducati engine/trans, the fun on desmo valve adjustment.
Andrew

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I am in Berkeley at the moment haha. But I should really stick to something smaller. Or a car with air conditioning

41 - 45 of 45 Posts