Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Jason- sent you a pm

Andrew- that’s a sweet bike. I’ve always been interested in Italian bikes, but could never make up my mind between real bikes and scooters. Something about cruising around on an old Vespa always seemed fun. Fellini esque

·
Push hard and live
9,200 Posts
I’ve only been around the fringe of motorcycles over the years, so not all that familiar with models and variants. I’m told the YL1 was the first 2 stroke to include an oil reservoir and auto-feed of same, eliminating the pre-mix hassle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can you PM me your contact info. Can't reply yet since I don't have 10 posts. Would like to take a look at it tomorrow afternoon.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Jason- pm sent with contact info. Sorry I didn’t see this over the weekend, guess I didn’t check as thoroughly as I thought I had. I did drive the car a bit over the weekend, always surprises me how well the engine pulls for what it is.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
If you downshift into 2nd in a hurry it’ll crunch, but other than that drives well. Barbers Shop in sac has been on Alfa’s for a long time.

·
Push hard and live
9,200 Posts
Wishing you well.
FWIW, you would probably get a quick sale and your money back if you had a known-good shop do a well documented repair on the rusted out structural sills. A good, safe driver-quality repair would possibly draw in potential buyers who don't want to buy unknowns.

It's a cute car, and would have perfectly met my goals for a teenager's first car. Just today I mailed off a check for about half your ask on a very clean, needs nothing Alfetta GT.

Market's down now. Much to my chagrin.

·
Premium Member
21,380 Posts
Sent you a PM. I had promised to come look, hadn't realized it wasn't sold. Thanks
Andrew

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thanks for the thought Don. I think getting it done would be more than I really want to deal with right now. Is the Alfetta for your grandson? That’s a fun ride.

·
Push hard and live
9,200 Posts
Actually, the Alfetta is for the newly-arrived fiancé. The grandson can drive the freshly operational 77 Spider. IF he gets his license. He’s a lazy git. Serve him right to experience unreliability and temperature extremes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1975 Nuova Super 1300, in driveable condition. Engine rebuilt about ten years ago with centerline 1400 kit, euro 2000 cams and dual 40dcoes. Runs well, shifts well as long as you are easy on it . Interior is usable but far from perfect. Has rust in sills, pretty badly. Also around jacking points, below the rear bumper, and some spots on doors. Drives well, lots of fun. Previously owned by my father who did most of the work on the car. He was a forum member (Mr. C) for years, I got the car after he passed away. I have enjoyed it, but I don’t see myself spending the money to fix the bodywork.

Hard to gauge the market for these cars, but I’d love to get $10,500 for it. Ask questions and I will do my best to answer.
Would you consider trading for a 1984 Maserati biturbo? it comes with a brand new Italian-only 2.0 fuel injected 1989 motor for the car?

·
Registered
1 Posts
1975 Nuova Super 1300, in driveable condition. Engine rebuilt about ten years ago with centerline 1400 kit, euro 2000 cams and dual 40dcoes. Runs well, shifts well as long as you are easy on it . Interior is usable but far from perfect. Has rust in sills, pretty badly. Also around jacking points, below the rear bumper, and some spots on doors. Drives well, lots of fun. Previously owned by my father who did most of the work on the car. He was a forum member (Mr. C) for years, I got the car after he passed away. I have enjoyed it, but I don’t see myself spending the money to fix the bodywork.

Hard to gauge the market for these cars, but I’d love to get $10,500 for it. Ask questions and I will do my best to answer.
I may be late to the show, but noticed your may still have this Nuova. I sent you a PM. Thanks!

21 - 40 of 45 Posts