Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
RSA

Howdy NikosF,

I'm in Randburg, where you originally from¿.

Well the colour......I presume the original was red and when i get the opportunity to respary her now, i'll prob respary her red again....although i like this sorta orange red (i know tis faded but it works well).

Mrs Ruocco sorta confused me as she said:
..."According to our documentation files the chassis number AR 2414490 originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo 2000 GT Veloce (rhd) manufactured on the 15th January 1975 and registered one year before on the 26th April 1974 to Alfa Romeo from Johannesburg South Africa. The body colour and the interiors are not written on the register.."

How can a car be registered before its been manufactured¿

ciao,
Paul.

·
Registered
486 Posts
In 1975 Alfas were assembled in Alfa Romeo's plant in Brits (South Africa). As a matter of trivia, I believe South Africa is the only place outside Italy where Alfas have been 'built' (assembled).

So - I'm guessing your serial number was 'registered' to Alfa Romeo South Africa in 1974 (they set aside a series of numbers that would be assembled there), but the plant didn't get around to building / putting the car together until 1975.

I don't think she means 'registered' as in registered with the local licensing authorities.

I'm from Durban but lived in Joburg for a few years. Never owned an Alfa in SA, but that's where I fell in love with them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
GTV-A

I think our cars might be cousins.

Mrs Ruocco said someting similar to me:
..."According to our register the chassis number AR 2414019 originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo 2000 GT Veloce manufactured on the 15th January 1975 and sold on the 4th April 1974 to Alfa Romeo from Johannesburg, South Africa." No body colour or interior detalis are provided but the car was described as 'cream' when my records began for this car in Darwin Australia in 1986 (it's now silver, courtesy of one of the three PO).

Peter F
1975 2000 GTV Auto
1970 GT 1300 Junior

1 - 7 of 7 Posts