Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am testing the waters to see if anyone wants to give a new home to my Alfetta GT. It is a 1975, the first year it was imported to the US. This is a very similar car to the GTV6, but with the tried-and-true Alfa 4-cylinder. Also, the 75's are exempt from smog in California, so no need to make it run like crap to pass the smog test.

This car has the European dual-weber setup, instead of the stock Spica. There are advantages and disadvantages to each. This car runs very good with the webers, especially when it gets above idle speed.

The car runs and drives excellent. It is not perfect, but it is probably the nicest Alfetta GT I have ever seen or driven. It is mostly stock, except for the webers and the front seats, which are after-market front seats (Recaro knock-offs--they say "turbo" on them, and are black cloth). The seats are both comfortable and good looking. I prefer them to the stock seats. It also appears to have steel brake lines, and I think it has non-stock cams.

It has the really nice Ronal phone-dials that (I think) came as a dealer-installed option when these where new (the wheels say Alfa Romeo in alfa-script on them). They have Kumho tires that I put on them, and the tires are excellent. I had it aligned at the time and replaced some ball joints and caster bushings.

The paint is good, but not perfect. It had a nice paint job done sometime before I bought it. There are a few minor bubbles in the paint, but it overall looks very good.

If you are looking for an Alfetta GT, this is about as nice as there is. If you are looking for a GTV6, this is also a good substitute. Not quite as fast, but a little lighter and more nimble (and it has a nice flat hood).

The transmission is good. It shifts well, even downshifting to second (as long as you don't try and slam it in second). The car has been extremely reliable for me. It always starts up and works excellent. As I said, it is not perfect, but is extremely good. It could be made perfect if that is important to you. I have had the car for about one and a half years. It reads 79K miles on the odometer, and I have no reason to believe that is not the actual miles on the car (no way to tell for sure either). It came from Colorado when I bought it, and it is now registered in CA with a clean title.

I am asking $5,500.00 for it. I am pretty firm on that price, as I am not sure it is worth it to me to sell it for less. The car is in Mountain View, CA (SF Bay Area).

If interested, send me mail or call 650 966-8106.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
It appears you also have a chrome shift lever arm, which means it has the Shankle Sure Shift kit installed - very nice upgrade...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hi
i would love it but i have a 78 SS, if you would take trade i would love to talk.
im in LA so not tooo far, please let me know
my cell # 714 809 1635

S

·
0 Posts
This is a vehicle I would love to have as a companion to my GTV-6. It's a little beauty. Unfortunately, it's out of my price range at the moment; still, I love looking. Good luck with the sale.

David
1986 GTV-6 2.8 GS
(Black-62k)
undergoing major revi$ion

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am looking for a '75-'79. Is there much rust on this car? Do you know the history of the conversion to webers? It looks like the cam cover is also from a different year.

I work in Sunnyvale and would like to take a look if it is still for sale.

(408) 829-5758
[email protected]

S

·
0 Posts
It's hard to imagine a better looking example, I hope it's still available for you to look at. Please post a lot of pics if you purchase; I would like to see more.

Thanks.

David

·
Registered
343 Posts
Danny,

CA Smog exampt is an excellent benefit. Does it has any catalytic converter or anything to reduce the hp of the sweet 2.0 motor?
I am sure it will find a good home soon.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Danny,

CA Smog exampt is an excellent benefit. Does it has any catalytic converter or anything to reduce the hp of the sweet 2.0 motor?
I am sure it will find a good home soon.
Nope, no catalytic conv. Yes, I expect it will find a good home.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm not usually a fan of this design, but they HAVE been growing on me. This particular car looks great....

I can imagine a young, future Alfista buying this as his or her first highschool car, or a generous parent gifting it (or part of the cost) as a Christmas present.

Good luck on the sale! Hope it stays local.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The rims are from the Mille Miglia edition and only available for the Alfetta gt, it also came with an adj. rear spoilerand a badge on the vent grilles. Alfetta GT's have always been underrated

1 - 19 of 19 Posts