Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For interested Alfisti, there is an article in today's Hemming's Daily News entitled, Alfa's early hot hatch: 1975-'79 Alfa Romeo Alfetta GT/Sprint Veloce. The link is posted below:

Ray

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
Hi Ray, that link isn't working. I'm looking for the article but not finding it

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's the one,

Thanks, 6alfas, for reposting the link 👍

My across-the-hall neighbor in Rome, had a beautiful Dutch Blue (my favorite Alfa color) w/light tan interior, '70s Alfetta GT. He was a '70s something, retired banker that never drove the car. He passed while I was back in the States and his wife, Anna, had sold the car by the time we returned to Rome, or I would have snatched it up.

Ray

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ray,

Thank You for the Alfetta article. I love my coupe even more NOW.
Its about some time the GT received some love from the outside world.
I wonder how many Alfetta GTs are still alive in the USA out of the 13k imported?
Loved Hemming's current pricing gauge.

Homer

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ray,

Thank You for the Alfetta article. I love my coupe even more NOW.
Its about some time the GT received some love from the outside world.
I wonder how many Alfetta GTs are still alive in the USA out of the 13k imported?
Loved Hemming's current pricing gauge.

Homer
Homer,

I have to admit that I've never driven, or ridden in one, but I fell in love with his 1.6 GT. My '75 Alfetta 2.0 sedan was Dutch Blue with the same color interior.

Occasionally, I scan kijiji.it in hopes of finding another one like it with the small Alfa heart on the grille.

Ray

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I had a 76 which is the favorite of all of the Alfa's I've owned. Such great balance and a blast to drive. I traded it in on an 85 GTV6 which was faster and had a nicer interior, but there was something about the 4 cyl model that was better. Glad to see they're finally getting some recognition.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts