Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a 1973 GTV chassis N° 3021718 (which is indeed the 1st 1973 USA Inezione imported according to the D'Amico & Tabucchi's Alfa Romeo Production Cars 1910-1996
This 115.01 car was partially disassembled and I am confused with the switch situation on the console. This car has factory A.C.

1 – There is only one switch for lights; yet the headlight switch on the column knob has ‘light’ engraved in it

2 - The attached pic refers to an European AC coupe, with the # 15 switch being for wipers

3 – Then on a thread just four days ago ( 1975 2000GTV – AC console), there are 3 switches for wiper, defroster and lights

What should be the proper factory installation ?

Many thanks in advance

Michel

Attachments

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
13,349 Posts
Please see this post for links to parts manuals and owners manuals. You will find the information you need in there.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Hi

I have a 1973 GTV chassis N° 3021718 (which is indeed the 1st 1973 USA Inezione imported according to the D'Amico & Tabucchi's Alfa Romeo Production Cars 1910-1996
This 115.01 car was partially disassembled and I am confused with the switch situation on the console. This car has factory A.C.

1 – There is only one switch for lights; yet the headlight switch on the column knob has ‘light’ engraved in it

2 - The attached pic refers to an European AC coupe, with the # 15 switch being for wipers

3 – Then on a thread just four days ago ( 1975 2000GTV – AC console), there are 3 switches for wiper, defroster and lights

What should be the proper factory installation ?

Many thanks in advance

Michel
The light switch on the center console for US Tipo 115.01s is for the inner set of front or fog lights. They are wired to a relay and will stay on when the column light switch is in its first position (parking) and second position (outer headlights) AND high beam column lever is OFF. If the high beam lever is ON, the fog light relay will trip the inner lights OFF.

If the car has factory A/C, the defrost/fan blower switch is integrated into the A/C control panel, located at the upper portion of the shortened center console. The area to the right of the cigarette lighter, will have a small black and white plastic Alfa cloisonné badge. The photo you mention referring to this switch on an A/C car was for a dealer installed A/C car, so it retained its original factory defrost/fan switch location for non-A/C cars.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello
Thank you so much for your very informative reply. Actually this is a very Alfa Romeo way to create complicated issues, the Europe set up was just fine.

I am still left with a last unknown issue with this A.C console:

which switch is used to operate the wipers on a US tipo 115.01 ??

Thanks again , Michel

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Hello
Thank you so much for your very informative reply. Actually this is a very Alfa Romeo way to create complicated issues, the Europe set up was just fine.

I am still left with a last unknown issue with this A.C console:

which switch is used to operate the wipers on a US tipo 115.01 ??

Thanks again , Michel
#15 in the photo from your initial post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts