Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
White on black with 15x7 panasports (have all four original Campagnola wheels). Wheels and tires are less than 2 years old. Car has no rust and no indication of any past accidents or other body work. The engine was rebuilt about 7k miles ago (10 years) by Ralli Round in Seattle with 10.5:1 motronic pistons and has excellent compression. It runs very well. Previous owner told me the car was repainted in factory white about 15 years ago.

Since I've owned it; rebuilt thermostatic actuator from Wes Ingram, new exhaust (behind downpipe), new brakes/rotors, brake master cylinder, pertronix ignition, recovered seats (original material) and cushions, new door panels, new center support and bearing, koni red shocks, Hella H4 headlights, new fuel filters. I'm sure there is more but I can't remember.

Paint is still good though there are some garage scratches. Canvas top is also in good condition though the underside is a bit discolored. The steering wheel needs to be refinished or replaced. There is also a small crack in the dash just in front of the defrost vent.

Asking $17,500. I have many more detailed pictures. Serious inquiries only please. DM me and I will send pics.

I recently acquired a 67 Duetto project which is why I am selling this car. I've had two great summers with this one but have always wanted a duetto. I would prefer to sell it here though will list it on BAT if there is no interest.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle
Car Vehicle Gear shift Car seat cover Automotive design
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive air manifold Automotive exterior Gas

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
I'd buy it in a heartbeat...if I didn't already have one.. ohhh my youth is fleeting!!! If only not for it gone I would still buy it and have two.. The first thing I would do to it is put a new OVS on it .. blissful. Your phone should be ringing off the hook.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd buy it in a heartbeat...if I didn't already have one.. ohhh my youth is fleeting!!! If only not for it gone I would still buy it and have two.. The first thing I would do to it is put a new OVS on it .. blissful. Your phone should be ringing off the hook.
Thank you for the kind words. Honestly, as I was taking the pics, I wondered why sell because finding a rust free one again - well, we all know how difficult that is but can’t keep them all unfortunately.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Great price, if I was looking you would hear from me. My only dislike of this model are the rubber bumper protrusions. Maybe they can be removed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
White on black with 15x7 panasports (have all four original Campagnola wheels). Wheels and tires are less than 2 years old. Car has no rust and no indication of any past accidents or other body work. The engine was rebuilt about 7k miles ago (10 years) by Ralli Round in Seattle with 10.5:1 motronic pistons and has excellent compression. It runs very well. Previous owner told me the car was repainted in factory white about 15 years ago.

Since I've owned it; rebuilt thermostatic actuator from Wes Ingram, new exhaust (behind downpipe), new brakes/rotors, brake master cylinder, pertronix ignition, recovered seats (original material) and cushions, new door panels, new center support and bearing, koni red shocks, Hella H4 headlights, new fuel filters. I'm sure there is more but I can't remember.

Paint is still good though there are some garage scratches. Canvas top is also in good condition though the underside is a bit discolored. The steering wheel needs to be refinished or replaced. There is also a small crack in the dash just in front of the defrost vent.

Asking $17,500. I have many more detailed pictures. Serious inquiries only please. DM me and I will send pics.

I recently acquired a 67 Duetto project which is why I am selling this car. I've had two great summers with this one but have always wanted a duetto. I would prefer to sell it here though will list it on BAT if there is no interest. View attachment 1719373 View attachment 1719374 View attachment 1719375

I recently acquired a 67 Duetto project which is why I am selling this car. I've had two great summers with this one but have always wanted a duetto. I would prefer to sell it here though will list it on BAT if there is no interest. View attachment 1719373 View attachment 1719374 View attachment 1719375
You mentioned that you have additional photos and information...I'd like to see what you have about the car.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where is the car located? If possible, I'd like to see the other photos especially of the underside (and what else you can share) - last service/oil change? Thanks
Car is in Seattle. Send a phone # and I’ll text pics to you. As for oil change, last summer along with fuel filters and that is when I installed the pertronix ignition.

·
Registered
113 Posts
That’s a beauty and a steal at that price. My rust free ‘74 is undergoing a full restoration at a cost of more than the asking price of yours. Rust/body work free cars with rebuilt mechanicals are not easy to find at affordable prices. GLWTS

·
Registered
7 Posts
Car is in Seattle. Send a phone # and I’ll text pics to you. As for oil change, last summer along with fuel filters and that is when I installed the pertronix ignition.
If you can send some photos... my name is Gary and my number is 310-890-9977 my email address is [email protected] How is the transmission? 2nd gear?

·
Registered
10,280 Posts
At Gmshep.. welcome.. the second gear might not engage .. but it is still worth it... the synchro thing has had way too much print for newbies.. .. it is a silly historical axiom that all Alfa's were smitten with from 1955. .. and over blown. An Alfa with NO synchro mesh in any gear is better than anything in it's class..PERIOD.. I've never had the chance to say it but now I feel better because I believe it and I have a list of other cars a mile long I have owned and driven...including Porsches 356/911 ..Lancia Fulvia.. Lancia Flaminia VW Audi..Ferrari 308...AH...E-type...MGB...Triumph TR-6 ....

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you to all for the interest. I think the car is sold though I've been through this a few times and never am sure until money is in the bank. Regarding all the comments on the price - it is a very fair price, if not a bit underpriced (I was aware of that when I posted this). I wanted a simple, quick sale and also wanted to be sure the car went to someone who would enjoy it as I have and knows what they're getting into (hence, posting here first).

As for 2nd gear, no issues but I tend to be quite gentle during warm up and enjoy the 'double clutch'.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you to all for the interest. I think the car is sold though I've been through this a few times and never am sure until money is in the bank. Regarding all the comments on the price - it is a very fair price, if not a bit underpriced (I was aware of that when I posted this). I wanted a simple, quick sale and also wanted to be sure the car went to someone who would enjoy it as I have and knows what they're getting into (hence, posting here first).

As for 2nd gear, no issues but I tend to be quite gentle during warm up and enjoy the 'double clutch'.

I'm happy for the sale, if it does not go through, you've got my number and email address. -Gmshep

·
Registered
113 Posts
Tell him to throw in a week in the summer too! I used to live/work on the Vineyard during college. If you haven’t been it’s great. Even in the winter.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks to doncorleone for holding the car for me. I never got a chance to drive out and see it as I had business out East. I'm here indefinitely and so backed out of the deal. Good luck to all and hope the new buyer posts more pics.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts