Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just picked up this 1974 Kamm tail spider. Im currently restoring a S2 GTV, so this is to serve as my 'daily' driver. I've always wanted a Kamm tail, and finally found one in my price range.

Turns out the car was first delivered to the US, however was brought over to Australia and converted to right hand drive at some stage. Looks like it was done very well, and even examining it I can't tell. It was also converted to dual Webers, losing the SPICA.

Overall its in really good condition, with sills, boot and front end very solid. A couple of small bubbles poking through on the driver's sill, and the passenger floor pan rusted through (water must've pooled in there, as everything else is solid).

Unfortunately I took it to our transport to get it registered, but it was lacking a compliance plate (stupid me for not looking, but I didnt know it wasn't Aus delivered at the time :cursing:) so I need to get a full road worthy inspection.

So I am currently working through some minor issues to get it to a point I am confident it will pass the inspection. Im replacing the passenger floor, and possibly the drivers side floor. The drivers side is solid, but there is a dodgy repair around the pedals so I may just take it out and do it properly.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One of the problems I need to fix is the head lights and brake lights. None work. I have replaced the fuses to no luck. The indicators and reversing lights work fine. Does anybody have any idea how to diagnose? I've got no clue when it comes to electrical!

Cheers

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi mate if you are in Brisbane I may be able to help with compliance which is different to a roadworthy ticket.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, thanks for the offer - I really appreciate it. I'm in SA unfortunately. What can I do to get a compliance plate? I don't really know the process at all.

Cheers

·
Registered
731 Posts
Not sure how it goes in S.A. but in Qld. you need a blue plate compliance plate for a car that has been made a right hand drive from a left hooker. You can ask how I know but you already know the answer I think :surprise::laugh2:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As this was an import, it's missing the ADR compliance plate. Apparently I can't register it until it has had a full roadworthy. It has been registered in Vic before, so I don't know what the deal is there.

Does anyone have any advice on the lights? When I turn the lights on the dash light comes on, but neither of the headlights light up. Could it be the globes ? I thought it odd both had blown.

·
Registered
134 Posts
For your headlights, follow the power.
Since your instrument lights work you should have power at the switch, so the next step is the fuse box, check all the connections and find out where (if) you lose the power. And because there are no relays in the system, if you have power at the fusebox, you should have power at the lights.

Also since your car is converted someone made a new wiring loom to and from the dash, instruments and switches check if all those connections are still good.
And also check if the headlights are properly ground and if the bulbs are still ok.

Brake lights might be a similar thing, check wiring, switch and bulbs assuming the other lights work otherwise there might also be a problem with the ground connection.

Happy hunting.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I have got the car back from the body shop, after having the passenger floor replaced.i cleaned up and epoxied the driver floor, installed butyl sound deadening and refreshed the interior. I used vinyl and plastic spray paint on the rubber, but it did not adhere well. Bit disappointed about that, but it looks pretty schmick!

Attachments

·
Registered
731 Posts
Looks really nice and I like your mag wheels

1 - 11 of 11 Posts