Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Alfisti!

I am preparing my spider gor a full respray. What is the easyest way to remove the windshield?

Thanks for suggestions!

·
Registered
620 Posts
You may be getting into a bag of snakes. If there is nothing wrong, (leaking,cracks,etc) I would just remove the chrome trim up front and tape up the rest. Removing the windshield is not like removing the seats and flooring. I just took a look at mine (I have the same year spider) to see what was under that rubber strip under the chrome. Not pretty, going to replace the sealing stuff. I know I will spanked for saying this but that's my thinking.

·
--ADMINISTRATOR--chiuso per ferie
12,021 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,634 Posts
There are about 7 clips that go under the gasket and on the pinch weld. These can only be replaced with the windshield out.
And even if your body has no rust, those clips do tend to corrode. So plan on getting replacements - Classic Alfa and other vendors carry them.

Samakijoe offers sound advice when he says to leave the glass alone unless it is cracked, pitted or delaminating - e.g., unless it needs to be replaced anyways. Unlike an Alfa coupe or sedan, you can do a quality repaint on a spider without removing the windshield. On the other hand, if the glass does need replacing, it's best to do it while you are taking care of the other bodywork associated with a re-paint, since you may discover rust behind the windshield seal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts