Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Asking $4500.00

Located in Reston, VA

History of the car:

Bought originally in California by person graduating college
Passed down to son
Bought by friend of original owner and moved to Seattle area 3 years ago.
Bought by me (my cousin who lives in Seattle found the car and did the actual transaction) 1 year ago.
Driven from Seattle to Reston, Virginia last October.

Fender bender crunched the nose, fixed.
Front suspension rebuilt recently
Engine rebuilt but not known when
Couple of dings
Second gear sychro worn
No rust
I planned to paint it and you probably will want to as well.
Non-original radio.
Mileage is unknown
Brake tune up
New Tires
New Top
Driver side vent window doesn't latch but two functioning vent windows form 74/75 Spider come with the car.
I have various manual, all aftermarket.
Comes with large 2 1/2 by 3 foot large wiring chart.
Reason for sale (everybody asks), loss of employment.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi I am located in Reston, VA. The fuse box seems faulty which makes starting unreliable (starter checked out OK) and flashers, blinkers and not working as fuse keeps blowing.

Will get pics of engine and undercarriage when camera comes in - supposed to be a day or two.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Sorry to hear that you have to sell her because of your employment (or lack thereof!). The 1974 Kammtails are very desirable cars and yours looks like a nice car. I am sure you will do better with better photos and perhaps more information in your description.

I wish you the best of luck with your sale.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Alex, I've already gotten some interest both here and on Craig's List. I can't believe my camera choose this time to stop working. I just learned the one I ordered was canceled because it was out of stock! Grrrr.
Thanks for he encouragement.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Have you contacted the Capital Chapter Alfa Club folks yet? How about Brewster Thackeray? Sometimes he knows folks who need an Alfa. Let me know if you need help contacting anyone.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Here's what Keith Martin from Sports Car Market magazine has to say about the 74 Spiders. This came out just today, so it's fresh:

1971–74 Alfa 1750/2000 Spider, $6,750–$13,000

The successor to the Giulia Spider was the iconic 1600-cc Duetto, or round-tail spider. The revised Kamm “square-tail” spider appeared in 1971 with a larger 1779-cc engine, and was given the more evocative name 1750 to tie it to the legendary Alfa six-cylinder of the 1930s. A 2-liter engine arrived in 1972. It remained in production, continuously evolving (not always for the better), until 1993. For a collector, the pre-1975 cars are the ones to have, offering a classic feel, svelte chrome bumpers, and modern drivability and comfort. The bad reputation of their SPICA mechanical fuel injection is mostly a result of ignorant mechanics. Properly set up, it works well.

Pros: Clean lines; handling; sweet, direct-action 5-speed gearbox; superbly engineered top; active club and great parts support

Cons: Rust; values do not support full restorations; weak second-gear synchro; valve jobs good for 45,000 miles; dashes crack easily

Bottom Line: A Pininfarina-designed classic, fun to drive, great exhaust sound, an Italian convertible experience at a reasonable cost

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
OK, e-mail me at the address in my signature and I will forward your e-mail to Brewster and also to some other folks in your area who might be interested.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts