Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm selling my 1974 Spider Veloce after 19 years of ownership. It's was my not-so-daily driver for about two years, then it was a once a week car. I bought it in 2001 reading approximately 12,000 mi on the odometer. Obviously 112,000. The ODO is at 28,800 now. The motor was rebuilt when I bought it, as one of the head studs had rusted through completely, and this is why the PO was selling it. Unfortunately, this means the car has a salvage title, as the PO's "mechanic" told her to junk the car, nothing could be done.

However, I sourced a good block from Alfa Parts exchange and undertook a complete rebuild. I still have all the receipts, valve job from IAP, new pistons and liner, new water pump, oil pump, timing chains. The SPICA pump has been rebuilt by Ingram Enterprises, and has the stamp on the side to prove it. The car still 16,000 mi and 19 years later runs excellently. It starts and idles very well, and makes great power with ZERO smoke. (Unbelievable I know.) Back in 2001 I also re-upholstered the seats and installed new door panels.

At the time I also replaced the castor bushings and the rear upper triangle bushings. The rear brake rotors and pads were replaced about 8,000 mi ago. Also has new exhaust with removed main muffler.

Just a month ago I had the fuel tank boiled and repainted, along with an new fuel pump due to the tank being extremely rusty. Also the top was shot, and I just installed a brand new CANVAS top.

I can provide all documentation/receipts to serious parties.

However, there are a couple of issues. There is some slight rust around the drain plug on the driver's side footwell, and the dash has the usual cracks. I hate the look of dash-caps and didn't want to shell out $$$$$ for dashboard, so it's still that way.

This Spider is in VERY GOOD mechanical condition and runs and drives incredibly well. It goes down the road straight, it stops straight, and it goes like "stink".

This car is worth $7,500 to me. Feel free to negotiate, but if you low ball me I'll shut you down quicker than a spun rod bearing.

So with all that, here are some pictures.

Here are a couple of starting and running videos.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm selling my 1974 Spider Veloce after 19 years of ownership. It's was my not-so-daily driver for about two years, then it was a once a week car. I bought it in 2001 reading approximately 12,000 mi on the odometer. Obviously 112,000. The ODO is at 28,800 now. The motor was rebuilt when I bought it, as one of the head studs had rusted through completely, and this is why the PO was selling it. Unfortunately, this means the car has a salvage title, as the PO's "mechanic" told her to junk the car, nothing could be done.

However, I sourced a good block from Alfa Parts exchange and undertook a complete rebuild. I still have all the receipts, valve job from IAP, new pistons and liner, new water pump, oil pump, timing chains. The SPICA pump has been rebuilt by Ingram Enterprises, and has the stamp on the side to prove it. The car still 16,000 mi and 19 years later runs excellently. It starts and idles very well, and makes great power with ZERO smoke. (Unbelievable I know.) Back in 2001 I also re-upholstered the seats and installed new door panels.

At the time I also replaced the castor bushings and the rear upper triangle bushings. The rear brake rotors and pads were replaced about 8,000 mi ago. Also has new exhaust with removed main muffler.

Just a month ago I had the fuel tank boiled and repainted, along with an new fuel pump due to the tank being extremely rusty. Also the top was shot, and I just installed a brand new CANVAS top.

However, there are a couple of issues. There is some slight rust around the drain plug on the driver's side footwell, and the dash has the usual cracks. I hate the look of dash-caps and didn't want to shell out $$$$$ for dashboard, so it's still that way.

This Spider is in VERY GOOD mechanical condition and runs and drives incredibly well. It goes down the road straight, it stops straight, and it goes like "stink".

This car is worth $7,500 to me. Feel free to negotiate, but if you low ball me I'll shut you down quicker than a spun rod bearing.

View attachment 1667701 View attachment 1667702

View attachment 1667703 View attachment 1667704

View attachment 1667706 View attachment 1667707 View attachment 1667709 View attachment 1667710 View attachment 1667711 View attachment 1667712

Hi. Could you please let me know where you and the car are located?
Pelayo

·
Registered
1976 Alfa Spider
40 Posts

View attachment 1667701 View attachment 1667702

View attachment 1667703 View attachment 1667704

View attachment 1667706 View attachment 1667707 View attachment 1667709 View attachment 1667710 View attachment 1667711 View attachment 1667712

Are you in California by chance?

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, after all that typing putting up the ad, I forgot location. Car is in Reno, NV.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately Bring a Trailer wouldn't take it because of the salvage title. I spent hours looking at equivalents on there and personally I think this is better than some cars that people paid $2500-$5000 more for. BaT seems to only be for the collector/appreciation/garage queen crowd now...

This vehicle isn't a concours car, but it's a solid driver. It will get you around on your rally, coffee run, whatever -- with fun and style.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Unfortunately Bring a Trailer wouldn't take it because of the salvage title. I spent hours looking at equivalents on there and personally I think this is better than some cars that people paid $2500-$5000 more for. BaT seems to only be for the collector/appreciation/garage queen crowd now...

This vehicle isn't a concours car, but it's a solid driver. It will get you around on your rally, coffee run, whatever -- with fun and style.
I sent a couple of pm’s.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts