Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was finally successful at removing the steering wheel from my Spider today without damaging anything..YAY! I am in the process of removing the ignition switch to actually have a key for the car, which it didn't come with unfortunately.

I having trouble removing the top trim piece that covers the column, I'm being very careful as not to break any of these delicate vintage plastics, is there a sneaky squirrel method to removing it. Its tight up against the bottom of the dash and it wont just slide out. ?
Any help would be greatly appreciated .
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
21,146 Posts
Try loosening the two large 17mm crossways nuts/bolts that hold the column to the body. Look forward and underneath the clamshell you just removed. Once loose, you can probably manipulate the column just enough to clear. Don't take them all the way out.
Andrew

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
what Andrew said, gotta loosen those bolts. That'll give just enough "play" to sneak the top 1/2 out.
Hope it is going well for you Joseph.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yo! great to hear from you , Thank you! things are going well, we need to chat more, I am looking forward to getting into the Alfa now that the weather here is FINALLY getting nice.
Thank you, how are things in your world?

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Life is good

Things are well, life has it's diversions. Just keep on chooglin'
thx Joseph
G

1 - 6 of 6 Posts