Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Do you have the conversion brackets? I can make a batch of some sets if there is enough interest.
Mark

·
Registered
832 Posts
Not my design, based directly on Centerline's plans, the transfer from drawings to the finished product requires carefull attention because of the metal thickness, then there are slight adjustments when fitting the bumpers and the brackets will work with both styles of metal bumpers-a small square 'C' bracket is needed for the bumperettes, anyone who says they won't work has never actually done a conversion. I did this conversion on my '78, the crossbar over the center grille is a problem not addressed by the brackets.

·
Registered
832 Posts
My apologies, when Centerline gave me the plans several years ago they did not mention 'not for commercial use' and they were going to have some sets made by a local metal shop and sell them with their bumper kits. I brought the subject up only in response to BBmembers interest in the conversion and I am not making a profit from these sets. I also made some drawings of conversion brackets based on a picture that was posted on the AlfaBB and between the two sets of drawings the metal shop I used was able to make two sets-neither sets of drawings alone was exact and the actual brackets required adjustments not reflected in both sets of drawings-no welding is required,angles were wrong,metal thickness can vary, no drawings for the bumerettes, grille attachment, grille crossbar, whole diameters. I don't know if Centerline ever made sets from your drawings, I got the drawings before Centerline changed ownership.

·
Banned
213 Posts
The plans on the BB are also mine, and Joe Cab was informed by me that not for commercial use meant NOT FOR PROMOTIONAL USE also. I will discuss this with JOE CAB but I ask you to stop producing brackets for sale, those prints where posted only for the use of those owners intending to make brackets for their own use ONLY. this is only one instance of Joe Cabs arrogance and it will be the last. I have an Email from him in which he admits that he is aware that it is not for commercial use. I apologize for calling you unethical, but Joe Cab is another matter.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello, no I have not found a '74 bumper yet. Yes I do have the '76 bumper actually still on the car and in great shape. It just not the look I want for this car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts