Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in search of some parts for a 1974 Spider I’m working on. The previous owner cut holes in the side panels of the center console for speakers and they’re just trashed. I’ll be needing those and also an ashtray cover. And in the last picture, what’s the broken switch for just under the shifter for? Heater fan? If so I’ll be needing that as well.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
Hi -
The round "switch" in the lower middle of the console is actually the instrument light dimmer reostat. I think that they are pretty much unobtainium at this point. It only controls the lighting for the small gauges so therefore useless IMHO. Just wire across the back of it and glue the wheel back on.

I think I see your ash tray cover hiding under the console. The two holes are where the black handle attaches so that you can easily slide the cover back and forth. I've never seen that handle listed for sale anywhere. Maybe someone else might have one or you could make one out of wood and paint it black. Good luck with your project and please keep us posted on your progress.

- Drew

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have those console pieces that I can sell to you..
I think I also have two good side panels. I'll check my parts and get back to you this evening.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts