Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking off both front bumpers. No problem with the two bolts with nuts, one on each end of bumper. But when trying to remove same, bumper seems to be held in place by the crash tube with some kind of attachment into the bumperette itself. Do not want to force anything. How is the bumperette attached to this tube and what do I do to remove it? Tried a search but did not come up with anything specific for this removal. Do not have access to a parts manual to see what holds what. Thanks.

·
Registered
317 Posts
If I remember correctly, it's a single nut or bolt. I took mine out as an assembly, the whole w bar, just in case I ran into a rusty fastener. Cheers Neil.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bumperette removal

Do you remember where the single nut or bolt was located? Don't see one holding the bumperette in place.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bumperette removal

Thanks for the picture, that helped a bunch. It looks now that the only way to access that bolt/nut is to take off the entire bumper frame support as one piece in order to gain access to the bumperette bolt. I thought I could take each bumper off individually but I see that is not the case. So off will come the entire set up. Thanks for the help, the mystery is solved!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bumperette removal

Disconnect each bumper wiring harness accessed in engine compartment and located in small holes next to top radiator on each side, remove 2 nuts on each back side of the large main square bumper support and off it comes. Then the bumperette nuts are revealed and off they come. Be careful when taking all the 4 nuts off holding the main bumper support in place, it can fall right off and you might break turn signal/running lights plastic covers. Oh, you do have to first remove the grill. Easy job and quick to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts