Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just getting started on a 1974 GTV. Will you help me identify these brackets? There are two more below the bumper behind the lower cowl.
Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Most likely for the A/C condensor, but can't say that I'm absolutely sure not owning an A/C equipped GTV...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
re: "What arem these brackets?"

Although this car does not have A/C, I suspected the brackets could have something to do with it.
I have been thinking about cutting them off to clean up the look a bit.

·
2,140 Posts
A/C makes sense, they appeared somewhere along the 2000 GTV timeline.

They can come in handy to mount an electric fan. Paint them black and they will "disappear"...

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
Yes I like the idea of using them for an electric fan. I had to build my own mounts and you would not have to!

·
Registered
36 Posts
These are 100% the A/C radiator support brackets.
I figured the lower ones are perfect for mounting an oil cooler...:D

·
Premium Member
23,110 Posts
Very few cars came with factory AC; I've seen one GTV and two or three Berlinas, but have no idea how many overall. Seems weird they put the brackets in for such a small proportion, but that seems to be the answer.
Andrew

·
Registered
610 Posts
My 74 GTV does not have A/C but just noticed that it has all of the holes in the firewall plugged with a grommets and the condenser bracket as mentioned in this thread. I suppose it gives me an option to put one in if I want to.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RE: What are these brackets

Thanks for all the good answers! A/C condenser sounds good...I'll be painting them black. Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts