Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a 1974 GTV 2000 with ~69K original miles. I have owned this car for the past 10 years, only driving it in dry weather. It is stored in heated garage in winter. It has no rust, starts first time every time, no 2nd gear crunch, and drives great! It is extremely reliable, with no mechanical issues in the time I have owned it except for a broken water pump in 2008 which was replaced with new. I added new shocks and straight pipe exhaust in 2001.

This car was mechanically restored with new paint in late 1990's (new clutch, much more) by previous owner. I am the 4th owner. It has been fastidiously maintained by all owners using top Alfa mechanics, and I have all records. Car is stock spica with 1750 Euro cams and Marelli ignition.

This car has always been pampered, except for the occasional "Italian tune-up" on undisclosed roadways.

Selling for $18,500.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gtv

Your GTV looks beautiful. Is it still available? is there anything that needs to be done from a maintenance standpoint? Is it an original numbers matching car? Any wrecks that you are aware of with prior owners? Is it original paint? I've been looking for a nice GTV and appreciate your time. Thanks, Mike Crothers.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Your GTV looks beautiful. Is it still available? is there anything that needs to be done from a maintenance standpoint? Is it an original numbers matching car? Any wrecks that you are aware of with prior owners? Is it original paint? I've been looking for a nice GTV and appreciate your time. Thanks, Mike Crothers.
Add says: restored with new paint in late 1990's:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
1974 Gtv 2000

Nice car,I am interested.A couple of questions thogh.Has te engine been redone and if so how many miles away.Do you have compression readings and some pics of the underside?
Thanks,
Carlos Salgado-uribe

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is the car still available? Hard to tell from the pictures, but does the car have any rust? What shop did the restoration/work back in the late 1990's? Is it a matching numbers car?

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for your questions/feedback

Hello All,

Thanks for your comments/questions. This car is everything that I have presented it to be in the original post, ie. no misrepresentation. The numbers match, it has never been in a wreck, etc. A knowledgeable Alfisti checked it out a couple of weeks ago and did determine that body work had been done to the rear quarter panel flair, (approx 8" x 3") during the prep for repaint in early 90s. I found in the original paperwork documentation that this had been done as well. Other than that, no issues.

Thanks,

Nils Huehnergarth
914-255-6794

1 - 18 of 18 Posts